A reminder to oldsters and FYI for newbies: (thanks Charles!)
Here is First quarter 2001's version of the FAQ.
Contained herein you will find:
1) MECCG-L List commands
2) Netiquette -- Replying to comments
3) Attachments policy
4) Trading policy
5) Useful URLs
The MECCG Listserv.
This is a free service where you can ask your questions of the NetRep and
others in an open forum. It's a great resource to keep up-to-date
on the lastest deck building techniques or new approaches to old ideas.
Listproc commands for firstname.lastname@example.org: send email to email@example.com
with the word 'help' in the body. This will give you all the info
on enabling copies of your postings to be sent to you as well as others
on the list, going on vacation, signing off, etc.
To unsubscribe from MECCG-L: send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands: send a blank e-mail to email@example.com
To peruse old articles: http://www.silent-tower.org/metw
Replying to comments: Argue the merits of the idea, not the author
(netiquette). This list is by far much more civil and genteel than
most. At best, we can have fun and learn; at worst, we should agree
Attachments: If you have a large attachment or an executable, please
place that file on a website and send ONLY the URL to this list.
Forward messages only if the message is relevant and on topic AND after
editing the message severely.
Fishing versus Trading (netiquette): Please stop a moment in your eagerness
to engage in a trade and be sure you are sending your email to the right
party. If you are fishing for anyone (to see if they are biting),
then firstname.lastname@example.org is a fine place to cast your bait. I,
among others, give a quick glance to the fishing lists posted by traders
who for whatever reason don't use Chris Cable's excellent services ( http://www.meccg.net/trading/
We DO ask that when you have taken the bait (or hooked a fish) and are
engaged in negotiations for the trade, please conduct them via private
email. Take the time to cut and paste the person's email address
from the email to the "To:" box; using reply will bombard this list. Bombarding
the list is in poor form; it causes the rest of us to question your familiarity
with your software OR makes us jealous that we are not in on the trade.
If I've forgotten any resources, please let me know by Email
- THE place to trade AND hosts the world wide listing of MECCG players:
- The World NetMECCG League (hosted by Chad Martin): http://people.mn.mediaone.net/pharasix/index.html
- The Rules Online: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/6437/rules.html
- The Collected Rulings File and Errata: http://www.go.to/dutch_council
- Spoilers: http://www.go.to/dutch_council
- Card of the Day Archives (card reviews, strategies, tactics)
- 4th Age: <in reconstruction>
- 3rd Age: <in reconstruction>
- When You Know More, THE e'zine for MECCG http://www.xsite.net/~mweeks/meccg/
- Council of Elrond: The World MECCG council with links to most active
councils soon to be found at www.feinus.com/cg/coe
- Other Hands, the Middle-earth Gaming Publication (hard copy): http://www.otherhands.com/
- The Guild Companion, an electronic publication for gamers with many MECCG
- Active Regional Councils with their points of contact:
- the Netherlands: http://www.go.to/dutch_council has great info, including
- England: http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.loakes/council_of_bree/council.htm
has great info, including scenarios!
- Germanic Countries: Patrick Kubrat <email@example.com>
- Northern Ireland: Alan Bell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sweden: Oskar Silow <email@example.com>
- North America: Zachary N-R <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Brazil: Rodrigo Perez <email@example.com>
- the Philippines: Pëdgz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Italy: Stefano Reksten <email@example.com>
- Belgium: Luc Schruers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Finland: ?
- France: ?