California players

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Red Arrow

California players

Post by Red Arrow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 am

Which california gaming conventions/meets do people still go to and might be willing to play some "pick up" or casual games, maybe a game using arda rules? or maybe just interested to learn it. would love to play, learn or relearn this game again using decks from the starter set. Or even try some hero challenge decks given randomly if there are enough people who wanna try it. no need to buy anything.

There's Pacificcon or conquest sac up north? Strategicon in socal, There are are smaller gaming meets like Polycon on the central coast, the "socal gamesday" or the Socal smackdown in anaheim. anyone :) ? any suggestions?.

I'm not from socal but i've attended strategicon before and have organized and helped organize some events there in the past. The last one i did was in 2006 but not enough time for information and it was only me and my 2 companions that made it.

Any players like Dior (in 2009 at pacificon, I was away from meccg and didn't know about it except through the archives of this forum.) still willing to get events running? even just demo games will be fun i think. Could there still be players like the "goblin king" from sacramento area whom i've met in strategicon years ago, might still be interested to meet?

if all else fails i guess can just play "catan", right?

Red Arrow

california meccg

Post by Red Arrow » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:05 am

I've been cross posting at boardgamegeek and the council of elrond forums as well. so far i've received 2 PMs from ppl in the bay area and sacramento who are interested. i got one reply post saying conquest sac on april 5-7 2013. that sounds really good to me, gives enough time to plan and announce info. If you go to conventions in the Sanfran, Sac and san jose area and you think you can join us please add your post.

i'm thinking of challenge decks that will be distributed randomly instead of starters and a bunch of boosters. no need to buy the cards you will just give back the cards after the event and it will be come a playset i can bring to events in the future. we did this before at Orccon but we used starters instead of challenge decks.

maybe some of you from oregon and washington would be interested to come down and ppl from socal to drive up as well. wishful thinking maybe but who knows?

i would like to show up for strategicon in socal too. but i haven't heard from anyone yet. So for now conquestsac is something i can look forward to and work on. and it doesnt conflict with staegicon conventions. sweet

please add your post if interested.