[ Minion Resource; vs Hero, FW ] Agburanars One ring

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

ordagnir

[ Minion Resource; vs Hero, FW ] Agburanars One ring

Post by ordagnir » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 pm

This has not been tested many times but so far it has worked pretty well with 2 dunk´s in 3 games.

The Grimburgoth Open to the Summons
Gorbag
Ufthak  Foul-smelling Paste

Characters in playdeck
3x Ren the Ringwraith, 3x Troll Lout

2x A Nice Place to Hide
    Ancient secrets
3x Black Rain
3x Catch an Elusive Scent
3x Crept along cleverly
3x Dark tryst
3x Gold Ring that Sauron Fancies
3x Hide in Dark Places
    I'll Be At Your Heels
    Scroll of Isildur
2x Test of fire
    The One Ring
3x Voices of Malice
    Weigh All Things to a Nicety

SB
A nice place to hide
Blasting Fire
Forced March
Great Bats
Morgul Orcs
Piercing all shadows
Test of Fire
Weigh all things to a nicety
White light broken

Hazard:
Influence destruction and creatures that are easy to play.

Start in Dol Guldur. Run to Caves of Ulond and stay there Catch an elusive scent for rings and get the scroll. Grimby take every oppertunity to use Black Rain.
Get one troll out to help up the card draw using the 2-1 sites in Mordor.
Ren and I´ll be at your heels (and white light if needed)  help with corruption.
Forced March for a quick run with the ring to it´s Master

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi Martin,

did you had problems with only 2 Test of Fire in deck? How did you get the One out in the 2 decks you dunked?

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi Martin,

Black Rain is the key, the rings, scroll and test is more to support and give the orcs something to do while waiting. Also it is a backup if/then the oponent gets aware of Black rain and starts to rid his hand of characters.

The two dunk´s was with black rain, one on the first(!) lucky roll respectively the third one played. Tested one of the rings in that game also, with the scroll.

The game I didn´t got to dunk I had the ring out but got delayed from bringin it to Sauron. Lost only 4-2 thanks to the Morgul orcs and the bats.

Shapeshifter

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:59 am

When I tried a Black Rain deck at the Lonely Mountain I never got out the One in two matches, just spirit rings . But if you roll always like at the Lure then it´s no wonder that you got the One in all three matches :D .
Nice deck by the way.

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:17 am

Shapeshifter wrote:But if you roll always like at the Lure then it´s no wonder that you got the One in all three matches :D
I can affirm what you say. He never rolled less than 7. He killed my Wizard in 2nd turn! Must use some Swedish Magig Dices, too at Lure VIII.

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 am

yes I had some good rolls at the LURE. :D  also some snake-eyes but most of the important rolls rolled my way.

Actually I think it´s American dices, I got them in a trade with Joe Bisz.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:03 am

In that case it has nothing to do with America, but everything to do with JOE! ;)

Red Adept

Re: [ Minion Resource; vs Hero, FW ] Agburanars One ring

Post by Red Adept » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:02 pm

ordagnir wrote:This has not been tested many times but so far it has worked pretty well with 2 dunk´s in 3 games.
Add another 1/1 to the total.  I tried this deck out last night and it wallowed the first game as I couldn't draw the ring to save my life.

The second game, I hung out at the Caves, played Black Rain, rolled a 10 and played the One.  Hauled to Dol Goldur and then to Barad Dur in two turns (didn't get the forced march) having to deal with Ungoliant's brood along the way as well as Shelob.

The only issue I had with it was how the Troll Louts couldn't be played at Minas Morgul with the starting company as it stood, not enough GE open.

Still, a rather impressive 'trick' deck.

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:15 pm

Congartualations, nice that it worked for so well for you

the starting company is 17 (once the game has begun); since Grimbys mind is only  7 due to open to the summons.
So when a troll is drawn from play-deck it can be put into play at Minas Morgul.

thanks

Red Adept

Post by Red Adept » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

ordagnir wrote:Congartualations, nice that it worked for so well for you

the starting company is 17 (once the game has begun); since Grimbys mind is only  7 due to open to the summons.
So when a troll is drawn from play-deck it can be put into play at Minas Morgul.

thanks
:idea:

THAT is what I was forgetting!  I had him still at 8 mind in my head.  Doh!  If I had remembered that, it might have made a change in the first game.