[Hero resource; Dunking] Let Folly Be our Cloak

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Earendil

[Hero resource; Dunking] Let Folly Be our Cloak

Post by Earendil » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:19 pm

Arrived last at EC04 in Switzerland, but the only big bug was dice rolls (in a round, I had 6 times rolling for a 8 and was not succesfull  :x  :x  :x ).

Basically, go dunking with the big boys: Elves (Glorfindel, Elrond, Celeborn) and/or Beorn.
Test at Mount Doom.

Start:
Beorn w Cram
Glorfindel w Cram
Anborn
Wacho

Characters in Deck:
Bergil
Ioreth
Elrond
Elladan
Elrohir
Celeborn
Radagast x3

Resources:

Gollum
3 Leaf Brooch
3 Precious Gold Ring
Scroll of Isildur

3 A Friend or Three
2 And Forth He Hastened
3 Concealment
3 Longbottom Leaf
3 Marvels Told
2 Old Friendship
3 Smoke Rings
2 Thorough Search
1 Wizard's Test

Key sideboard cards:
Alatar
Gandalf
Pallando
Saruman
Old Friendship
The One Ring
2 Wizard's Test
Gollum's Fate
2 Cracks of Doom

Go fast to Mount Doom. A first turn with two companies could be worth a Gollum in Moria, but it doesn't matter at all, and a ring. Get the wizard. Get leaf Brooch. Go to Imlad Morgul, get the Scroll. Go to mount Doom, test and destroy. Usually 4-5 turns.
It is possible that your opponent loses a turn (or maybe two?) to understand this is a dunk deck: folly (to be w/o hobbits) will hide you.
You can use Smoke Rings and LL for tuning. If you can get Gollum at first turn, you'll need the Fate, but you can do all with the Cracks and another Old friendhip, maybe. If you don't get a Raddy at start, use a LL for a couple of extra wizards.

Can this fulfill the "Elves dunking" in Resource Taxonomy?
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right :D"

Wacho

Re: [Hero resource; Dunking] Let Folly Be our Cloack

Post by Wacho » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:56 pm

Earendil wrote:If you don't get a Raddy at start, use a LL for a couple of extra wizards.
Longbottom Leaf can't grab characters, only resources.  So to pull in an extra wizard you need to use smoke rings.

Earendil

Post by Earendil » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:10 pm

You're right  :oops:  :oops: .

It's curious that no one told me this before during a match.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right :D"