How to contact Jo Hartwig?

Post by ElricX » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:31 am

How to contact Jo Hartwig?

Anybody kow it's email or homepage?

Thanks

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:32 am

His, I'm quite certain Jo is a man :).  He has no home page or public contact info that I am aware of. Looking for anything in particular?
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:08 pm

Gwaihir wrote:His, I'm quite certain Jo is a man :).  
Oh, you're a so rude eagle   :twisted:    :wink:

mm75

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:32 pm

I want to ask some question about copyright and some others thing.

Sorry for the ''Jo'' !

eelcoe

Post by eelcoe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Hi!

I took the liberty to google for Jo Hartwig and came across a website:

http://www.queen-games.de/

There are some games there that have artwork by Jo. Maybe you could drop them an e-mail to ask for a contact adress?

Hope it's a help.

Greetings, Eelco

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:28 pm

Thanks! I will try this.

Khamul the Easterling

Post by Khamul the Easterling » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:51 pm

Jo Hartwig has been working for queen games several years ago. As far as  I know he left them at least 4 years ago! But I don't know where he's gone

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:51 pm

OK thanks for the info....

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:38 pm

More like six or seven years ago, I think. Folk at Queen told me he was really fed up with games affairs, in large part due to never being (properly) paid for his MeCCG efforts. They gave me what contact they had back then: a phone number at his work (he has never been a full time artist; I forgot what his other job is though). I never dared / got around to use it, as it seemed a bit too intrusive for my tastes, especially given that connotation about his mood towards games.

But he's back. Fall of 2004 I noticed new art work he'd done for Queen Games earlier that year, which is also what you'll find on their website, as mentioned above. I suppose that means it's a good time to track him down now. I doubt the company will just hand over contact info to anyone who mails though - I know I'd probably not want that if I were the artist. The contacts / promises I have there are rather old and stale by now too, but if all else fails, I suppose I could still try that phone number.
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:40 pm

I only want to know If I can use is middle-earth ccg map....for my new hero map version....that's all.

The Lidless Eye

Post by The Lidless Eye » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:39 pm

I don't know if Jo Hartwig would be able to help.  Tolkien enterprises probably owns the copyright for the map as all the copyright went back to them when ICE lost the license.   Jo Hartwig probably retains the rights to make prints, show images on his website, sell the original artwork but I would be surprised he could assign permission to use or alter the artwork without Tolkien Enterprises consent.

Just a guess though, let us know what you come up with.

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:35 am

Well, I think I will need the help of the manager of meccg.net!

Because my first language is french.... I will need help to write a request for tolkien enterprise...

My goal is to retrieve the right for the hero map made by Jo Hartwig and the autorisation to publish with 300dpi resolution quality and the cards picture of every cards of the game with a 72dpi resolution. It will lower the risk of pirating the cards... Low resolution is good for the web and not for printing.

Why I need the help of the webmaster of meccg.net? Because is the only official website who gathering the middle-earth ccg community.

I think is the only thing we need for the future of the community.

And it's important to mention...we are a non-profit organisation!

What do you think about my idea?

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:47 pm

I am working on these rights matters, time permitting. I do not believe writing TE is the answer at this point in time. I think it will just get us a quick, standardized, too broadly written no.

Note that they cannot even grant any rights to a Tolkien based card game right now, as they have exclusively sold that license to Decipher.

Note how they are currently trying to coerce all Tolkien Societies to sign a license with them - not for profit organisations each and every one.

Do the math..

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:49 pm

You're the leader... You know what you are doing!

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi! Sorry to raise from the dead this old topic.  With the comming of the first fan made set at the beginning if 2013. Do you think it could be cool to release a new promomap "updated".  Maybe we can now use the map I have improved in the past?  What's your opinion about this?

Thanks