[Hero Resource]Game lasting longer than expected

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Tegarend

[Hero Resource]Game lasting longer than expected

Post by Tegarend » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm

The deck that won the Nordic Cup
Pool
Elfstone
Cram
Strider
Cirdan
Elladan
Elrohir
Gildor Inglorion
Glorfindel
Thorin
Beorn
Boromir
Haldir

Characters in deck
3x Pallando (or 1 Gandalf vs hero)

Resources in deck
Elves of Lindon
Rangers of the North
Dunlendings
3x A Short Rest
3x A Risky Blow
3x Gates of Morning
2x The Cock Crows
3x Many Turns and Doublings
3x Smoke Rings
Longbottom Leaf
2x Muster
2x A Chance Meeting
2x Forewarned is Forearmed
Durin's Axe
Glamdring
Tom Bombadil

Sideboard
Stealth
Blue Mtn Dwarves
And Forth He Hastened
Pledge of Conduct
Muster
Tempering Friendship
Alliance
2x Noble Hound
Withdrawn To Mordor
Lossoth
Promtings of Wisdom
2x A Friend or Three
Wizards Riverhorses
The Cock Crows

Hazard Deck
All teched out against The Short Game :), alas there was no Short Game deck present.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:12 pm

This looks oddly familiar... ;)

1, 2

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:21 pm

*shrug*

Where do you think 1 came from?

Besides, neither of them plays Gates of Morningm which automatically makes them inferior decks :P

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44 pm

Obviously hero decks are inferior than minion and fw and balrog decks.  No one could possibly make a winning competitive hero deck.  And yet look amazingly all these hero decks are winning.  Where are all the whiners now?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:45 pm

Happy that their whining finally persuaded people to choose Hero in tournaments?

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:47 pm

It's not about the alignment, it's about the player and decks like I've always said.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:48 pm

I'll take that as a compliment, Brian :P

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Sauron wrote:It's not about the alignment, it's about the player and decks like I've always said.
Does that explain why you didn't make the NA finals with the infamous cyclops deck? ;) (j/k of course). :P
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:59 pm

kris wrote:*shrug*

Besides, neither of them plays Gates of Morningm which automatically makes them inferior decks Razz
oh snap!
Jamie wrote:Does that explain why you didn't make the NA finals with the infamous cyclops deck? Wink (j/k of course).
oh snap!

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Jambo wrote:
Sauron wrote:It's not about the alignment, it's about the player and decks like I've always said.
Does that explain why you didn't make the NA finals with the infamous cyclops deck? ;) (j/k of course). :P
Yes it does.  I am the worst middle earth player ever.  I can only steal decks and suck at actually playing.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:14 am

He said it, not me!

stone troll

Post by stone troll » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:33 am

Brian,

Please recall your freshman Comp.  Strive to be concise.  "I suck" will suffice.   :wink:

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:18 pm

Brian, I've found you a neat theme tune for your new-found humility and self-depreciation:

I'm a loser baby

Quite a good song too! :P
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:59 pm

Tegarend wrote:*shrug*

Besides, neither of them plays Gates of Morningm which automatically makes them inferior decks :P
If by that, you mean I made my deck inspired by your Short Game deck, then I'll say no. It's a fine deck, of course, but I just discovered a Short Game when Mark pointed at it on the August newletter, and my deck was born way back before that.

Actually those fast hero decks are so old that a spanish guy won worlds in 1998 using something very similar, so no big news here (and that's what inspired me in fact). I've been playing GoM decks on and off, but to be honest they're not superior for the simple reason that they rely on GoM. If you face an opponent knowing how to play his twilights, or you simply don't draw into the GoM in your deck then you're toast.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:05 am

Manuel wrote:
Tegarend wrote:*shrug*

If by that, you mean I made my deck inspired by your Short Game deck, then I'll say no. It's a fine deck, of course, but I just discovered a Short Game when Mark pointed at it on the August newletter, and my deck was born way back before that.
No no no, I don't mean that, Manuel. I just mean that I played a deck like the one posted here for some time (made by myself I hope, stolen from somebody else maybe), and that I refined it into A Short Game.
Actually those fast hero decks are so old that a spanish guy won worlds in 1998 using something very similar, so no big news here (and that's what inspired me in fact). I've been playing GoM decks on and off, but to be honest they're not superior for the simple reason that they rely on GoM. If you face an opponent knowing how to play his twilights, or you simply don't draw into the GoM in your deck then you're toast.
I have twilights myself :P ... and with A Short Rest, I should draw more than my opponent. Only really scary thing is decks packing DoN ánd Peril Returned.

The GoM bit was a bit of a flippant remark, btw, but I still believe it somewhat.