[hero resource] The Eagle Express

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Zarathustra

[hero resource] The Eagle Express

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:46 pm

This is certainly not the most effective type of One Ring deck, but it gets by far the most style points.

Start:

Robbin Smallburrow

Aragorn II
Fatty Bolger + Cram
Sam Gamgee + Cram

Characters in Deck:

3 Pallando

Resources:

3 Gates of Morning
3 Many Turns and Doublings
2 The Cock Crows
3 Concealment
3 Stealth
3 Halfling Strength
2 Quiet Lands
2 Eyes of Mandos

1 Scroll of Isildur
3 Precious Gold Ring

3 Longbottom Leaf
2 Smoke Rings

Key Sideboard Cards:

3 Wizard's Test
1 Eagle-Mounts
1  The One Ring
1 Lucky Search
1 Cracks of Doom
1 Eagle-Mounts

Play Tips:

Robbin makes his way to Mount Doom via Lorien and the Easterling Camp.  He should be there by turn 4 or 5, even if he gets skin-changered a couple times.

In the meantime, Aragorn and his friends pick up a couple rings and the scroll.  Pallando helps to fish these up with Eyes of Mandos, and makes his way to lorien.  Once the items are fetched, the characters make their way to Eagles' Eyrie, where the rings are tested.  Then they make their jump directly to Mt Doom by hitting it with Quiet Lands to turn it into a :R: and flying with Eagle-Mounts in relative safety (no Mordor in Arms, no Seized by Terror, etc.).

melkor_morgoth75

Re: [hero resource] The Eagle Express

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:37 am

Zarathustra wrote:Then they make their jump directly to Mt Doom by hitting it with Quiet Lands to turn it into a :R: and flying with Eagle-Mounts in relative safety (no Mordor in Arms, no Seized by Terror, etc.).
As far as i remember it is not sure yt it is a legal move ... am i correct? Anyway i support the fact you can play quite lands + eagle mounts  :wink:

mm75

Old Tuk

Re: [hero resource] The Eagle Express

Post by Old Tuk » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 pm

melkor_morgoth75 wrote: As far as i remember it is not sure yt it is a legal move ... am i correctt?
Could you explain what exactly should be illegal?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:38 pm

If one of your characters is allready at Mount Doom, then Quiet Lands+Eagle Mounts is just fine.

It's trying to play Quiet Land in response to the declaration of Eagle Mounts' effect that is illegal.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:53 am

Bandobras Took wrote: It's trying to play Quiet Land in response to the declaration of Eagle Mounts' effect that is illegal.
Well, OFFICIALLY (ok, we could open a new topic about what official means here for MECCG ..  :wink: ) but, :wink:  afaik, it's not yet cleared if this is illegal or not ...  :roll:

mm75

Sfan

Post by Sfan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:08 am

A successful 'Call of Home' on Robbin would be a desaster for this deck. But there is no better 3minder with a higher body, right? ;)

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 am

Sfan wrote:A successful 'Call of Home' on Robbin would be a desaster for this deck. But there is no better 3minder with a higher body, right? ;)
Oh well ... in such a kind of deck (or any deck with hobbits as "keys") in the hazard strategy there are some copies of Tookish blood, so i wouldn't be worried of call of home ...

mm75

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 pm