[hero resource; vs hero] Unlikely Alliance

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Zarathustra

[hero resource; vs hero] Unlikely Alliance

Post by Zarathustra » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:00 pm

This is a cute little Hero vs. hero deck that I've played about 4 times.  It has a 75% win record, which means it's not good enough for me.  But it might be good enough for some fun for someone else!

Starting Cards:

Elrond / Cram
Thrain / Cram

8 common characters

In Deck:

Gloin
Balin
Whoever your opponent has in his starting company or is likely to have in his deck.

Resources:

3 Vilya
3 Saw Further and Deeper
3 Smoke Rings
3 Longbottom Leaf
3 Risky Blow
3 New Friendship
3 Old Friendship
3 Hundreds of Butterflies
2 Marvels Told
2 A Chance Meeting

1 Orcrist
1 Wormsbane

Hazards:

Go for a mixed bag of stuff, but primarily focus on influence and corruption.  Especially recommended are:

Alone and Unadvised
Balance of things
Seized by Terror
Undead/Faces of the Dead
Foolish Words
Stormcrow

Key Sideboard Cards:

White Tree Combo (including RotK so you can ACM for gorn under Vilya'd Elrond at MT)
Gollum/One Ring/Scroll
Big MP cards
MT

Play Tips:

Influence something away each turn.  Hopefully don't get hit by Unhappy Blows.  ACM for Gloin or Balin.  ACM for a 3-MP character under Elrond on the last turn.  Pray that your opponent doesnt have lots of Wizard's Laughter.

Scurvodsky

Post by Scurvodsky » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:35 pm

I notice that you didn't include any wizards in the deck. I realize that "Saw Further and Deeper" would fit your theme better. Does this mean that it is not a requirement to have 3 wizard cards in your deck? It would make a deck faster as well I guess.

Zakath

Post by Zakath » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Nope, no requirement that you have an avatar in your deck. Note that in the case of an FW deck, you would still have to declare which one you are playing.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:03 am

Zakath wrote:Nope, no requirement that you have an avatar in your deck. Note that in the case of an FW deck, you would still have to declare which one you are playing.
Incorrect.  In a FW deck you must have at least 1 copy of the FW you are declaring.