On board: current supporters of the MeCCG.net initiative

Forum policy, site announcements, etc.
Required reading, especially the forum rules on top.

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

On board: current supporters of the MeCCG.net initiative

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Sep 09, 2002 4:58 pm

Thought you'd be interested to know who are working on MeCCG.net. Well, the following people have joined the MeCCG.net initiative so far - and with most others we simply haven't spoken yet.

-> Chris Cable - of the famous trade center, listing trade and sales opportunities, as well as keeping feedback on those. Furthermore he maintains a player list and some miscelaneous info.

-> Wolfgang Penetsdorfer - MeCCG diplomat pur sang. Wolfgang almost personally keeps MeCCG alive in all Germanic countries :wink:

-> Andreas Becker - webmaster of DerHerrDerDrachen.de and developer and webmaster of the 2002 Worlds site.

-> Patrick Karcher - chairman of the Council of Elrond, current webhost for the Council of Lorien. Dreaming of building a perfect MeCCG tutorial section.

-> Wim Heemskerk - chairman and webmaster of the Dutch Council. Initiator of MeCCG.net.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Wyvern

Post by Wyvern » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:39 pm

Hi@All I just "heard" about this new project and I hope that it'll be very successful (at least as successful as Coen ;-) )

BTW, thanks for introducing me to the MeCCG scene, Wim, yes, I am Andreas Becker (Mailto: Webmaster@DerHerrderDrachen.de)

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:26 pm

i got a first response from the webmasters of www.zirperkirper.de and it´s a positive one. so let´s invite them to this place.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:26 pm

Yeah sure, go right ahead Wolfgang.

In general: I do very much encourage everyone to approach their relevant aquintances and ask them to consider joining / get them to visit and debate joining with us. That's what these public boards are for!
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:07 am

I'm just working on a totally new version of my website which will be filled with content via a 100%ly handmade CMS. When it is finished, everyone who joins the site as a user is allowed to chose one profession - "Schreiber", "Ausrufer" or "Heermeister" which means- in terms of meccg, posting (extensive) articles, (less extensive) news, or decks, which will appear on the site.
The only problem is the fact, that it is German...

If this does not matter, I would join the network immediately!

Wyvern

Post by Wyvern » Tue Sep 10, 2002 8:09 am

Whoops sorry, I unfortunately forgot to log in, the post above was mine :roll:
(Andreas Becker)

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:38 pm

Hi Andreas,

Well, that is certainly a great thing you're writing about: your own CMS. Why? Because MeCCG.net will need a CMS that is in a number of ways unlike any I've seen so far. Perhaps we have just formed a CMS writing team with it first two members: you and me?

As for the German: I'd like MeCCG.net to be very much multi-language, multi-region - which is what will complicate that CMS, so sure, your German content is more than welcome.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Dutch Council site joins

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:29 pm

The Dutch Council has just reached a unanimous decision to merge it's site with the MeCCG.net initiative completely.

The Dutch Council's site at http://go.to/dutchcouncil is well known, well respected, well visited and has already been around for years. It currently attrackts 1300 visits per month.

After Chris Cable's trade center this is the 2nd major site to join the initiative.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Guild Companion MeCCG section joins

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:08 pm

Nigel Buckle, MeCCG editior of the Guild Companion (http://www.guildcompanion.com), got wind of our initiative and immediately suggested to publish the (archive of) Guild Companion MeCCG articles here too. Great!

I'm sure we'll be able to work out optimal details once we're ready to host such articles (after all, the Guild Companion won't merge with us, as it is much more than MeCCG).

Frodo

Post by Frodo » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:59 am

Hello everyone, this is Joe Bisz; the american player, thinker, and (perhaps) helpful editor and critic for the Meccg project.

From time to time Meccg just gets up and boils in my blood, making me wish that this game was huge, HUGE. I have had many ideas about the game, most of which I've shared with people like Wim and some of the electronic game designers. I am most interested in seeing a perfect and distributable electronic game, because I believe this is the only way the game will begin to achieve a large player base--and perhaps even keep the one it has. In a month I should finally be able to test out GCCG on my Mac.

Commander Bond [ed: to keep us on our toes Commander Bond had since changed his nick to Frodo]
(Joe Bisz)

Sam.Gamdschie

Post by Sam.Gamdschie » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:17 pm

Hello at all,
I am back in Hamburg and on board!
Just for those who do not know me:
I am Thorsten Werner, Webmaster of a German Webpage www.hobbingen.de and also known as Sam Gamdschie (Sam Gamgee).
My local meccg group (Stadtrat von Pelargir) had started a scenario tournament system some years ago.
As far as I can say, I'd like to merge all my content to meccg.net; The idea of one big website with all content about meccg is just great.
That's it

Sam
Sam Gamdschie
(Samwise the Great,LotR III)

http://www.hobbingen.de

Thrain II

MECCG Forum

Post by Thrain II » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Timo Lutter a.k.a. Admiral Thrain II, the Team Leader of the G.A.B. Middle-earth Team (Good traders Against Bad traders). I am involved to the international ME trading business since a long time and will manage the Trader Central. :D

I really hope we can gather a lot of active Middle-earth players, traders and collectors to keep our great CCG alive! :legolas:

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. White Mithril Team Leader, Council of Elrond

Bog Wraith

Post by Bog Wraith » Fri May 07, 2004 5:38 pm

it's great to see so many players from all over the world keeping this, the best of games, alive and well.

I too wish that this game was still supported and was still making new product.

If your not already a member at GCCG, please join and let's all play on line. It's a great program with great people there.

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would like to announce that I have been appointed as the new General Manager of MeCCG.net. For those of you who don’t know me, I have been active in the Finnish Council of Barad-dûr for a good number years, and have become more and more involved with the international community in the last two years or so.

Mark Alfano has been the General Manager from early this year, but he is currently too busy with his studies and other projects to continue, so he has handed the Wizard’s Staff over to me. Many thanks to Mark for all his hard work here, it’s greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mikko Vihtemäki

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:52 am

Oh man now we're screwed  :wink: