fresh treat: the MeCCG.net logo goes public

Forum policy, site announcements, etc.
Required reading, especially the forum rules on top.

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

fresh treat: the MeCCG.net logo goes public

Post by Gwaihir » Thu May 20, 2004 9:54 pm

As you can see, we have the site's own logo on top of the forum now. It will soon be in other places on the site as well.
Last edited by Gwaihir on Fri May 21, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Strider

Post by Strider » Fri May 21, 2004 1:00 am

That's awesome. Nice use of the ME dice. 8) This could be a good banner for other sites to post.
"You can't stop the signal."

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Fri May 21, 2004 10:03 am

Nice work. :o
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob

Kolby

Post by Kolby » Fri May 21, 2004 6:36 pm

Well done!

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri May 21, 2004 7:59 pm

Glad you folks like it. It was a lot of work. :roll: I had good critics though (Mark Alfano, Brian Min, Antonio Cardenas, Joshua Delahunty and a few more) that kept mildly urging me back to the drawing board till all was just fine. For example: would you believe those dice took six photoshoots to get just the right picture?
Strider wrote:This could be a good banner for other sites to post.
I certainly made it with promoting the site and the game in mind. That's why I tried to capture MeCCG in a nutshel and make it look good and recognizable. Once the site is much further along I hope to have one or two large "convention size" banners made with this logo at their center.

I hadn't thought of a web banner yet. Frankly I fear it is too elaborate to be squashed to the 46 pixel standard height (which is less than half of this). Fortunately other banner sizes are used too these days and both logo and custom lettering are ready for it. So if anyone feels like making some design sketches for banners at various sizes: by all means :merry:

I'd be happy to have a look at them, at which point we can also discuss who's to make them (the sketcher / me / some one else) and what files he / she needs from me. Meanwhile I think it's better for me to concentrate on making more site to advertise :pippin:
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Thrain II

MeCCG.net logo

Post by Thrain II » Sat May 22, 2004 9:43 pm

Hi Wim,

that logo looks really cool, I like it! :D

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. White Mithril Team Leader, Council of Elrond

E.O.N.

Post by E.O.N. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:52 am

*bump* I just found this in one of my folders. It was a prototype for an MeCCG.net banner. If one is still needed/wanted, here's an idea.

Remember, I said prototype. :wink:

Elwer
Elves will laugh, eat, and be happy until someone points out there's no more hair conditioner.

Yü-Gung

Post by Yü-Gung » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:19 am

8) cool 8)

E.O.N.

Post by E.O.N. » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:51 pm

It wouldn't be that hard to make. You only need the eye and the dice from the logo Wim made. And maybe we could cook up some nice texture for a background. The font is Sherwood (for those Windows users out there). If Wim likes it, I could make a pass at it.
Elves will laugh, eat, and be happy until someone points out there's no more hair conditioner.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:54 pm

Actually, the logo is meant as one whole. You shouldn't split the eye and the dice of again. Perhaps some cards on the right side instead - if it has to fit the 468x60 format? The letters MeCCG.net - as you see them on the top of this page - are a David Martin customisation of a font, I don't recall the name right now, but it isn't the one you mentioned. Anyway; I have it as a vector image now (= perfectly resizable). For the background I intend to use the "all greened" version of Jo Hartwig's map, as seen on the MEAS booster packs and boxes. I would prefer a banner format that allows MeCCG.net to be written under the logo though where IMHO it belongs.

E.O.N.

Post by E.O.N. » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:25 pm

Actually, the logo is meant as one whole. You shouldn't split the eye and the dice of again.
Well I was thinking that whoever made the banner, could get the original images by themselves, from you.
Perhaps some cards on the right side instead - if it has to fit the 468x60 format?
If it has to fit the 468x60 format? You brought that up earlier in this thread as the reason that you couldn't use the current MeCCG.net logo.

You know, instead of the cards, we could use the images of gandalf and bilbo and just place them differently, maybe cut some of the top flames off of the eye, and it wouldn't have to be resized much at all. (Unless, of course, cutting the flames off is a "sacrilegious" thing to do . . . :wink: ) Then, the banner would include all the elements in the MeCCG.net logo!