The Last Movie You Have Seen

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Strider

Post by Strider » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:46 am

The last 2 movies for me:

Star Wars: Revenge of The Sith
IMO, this is one of the best Star Wars movies I have seen. Great action sequences, and it tied up most of the threads linking the prequels to the original trilogy. Currently (subject to change) I rank the Star Wars movies in this order:
V [EBS]
IV [ANH]
III [RoTS]
VI [RoTJ]
II [AoTC]
I [TPM

Batman Begins
Truthfully, I have not seen any of the other Batman movies (excpet for a spinoff of the old TV show starring Adam West and Burt Ward) I really enjoyed this movie. It reminded me of The Bourne Supremacy, how they filmed their action scenes up close and cut back and forth a lot. Really cool! I also liked seeing Michael Caine playing Albert and Morgan Freeman in this movie.
"You can't stop the signal."

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:24 am

YEah, my rankings of the Stars Wars movies exactly mirrors yours.

Batman Begins is indeed a very good movie, and very different from its earlier-released sequels. Darker and more broody than the others, with the best Batman actor in Christian Bale, it's what the other Batman movies should have been like. However, the First Batman with the Joker is still a good fun movie too.

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Well I watched Conan the Destroyer a while ago. It's funny to see the Governor of California punching horses and camels. That movie also has so little talking that someone could mistake for silent movie :wink:

A really good movie for beerdrinking night. Laughs are guaranteed.

I haven't seen the newest star wars yet but besides that my list of favourites is the same as striders.
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:30 pm

For SW III go to the cinema, do not watch it on your comp or DVD - you'll lose the best part...

Baduila

Post by Baduila » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:16 am

Revenge of the Sith is IMHO the best SW movie of the lot. To be honest th original is looking a bit dated. I have the digitally remastered versions on DVD and while I wll never forget the legacy they created for the SF genre in general, I do consider them to be a bit old looking now. But c'mon its Star Wars so I can forgive at a few wrinkles and grey hairs.

ROTS restored my faith in the SW franchise. It perfectly tied the new with the old. I thought the fight scenes were excellent. It also clearly showed the path Anakin was on right from the off. When he beheaded Duku .... well there really was no way back after that. I really liked spotting things that were put their to connect ROTS with ANW......I mean they even had a guy that looked like Peter Cushing right at the end. Totally Awesome.

Now the last movie I saw I totally recommend. War of the Worlds absolutely RAWCKS !! An amazing return to form for Spielberg. Excellent effects and I have to admit I agree with the critics ....I wouldn't take a 12 year old to see it !!

And for beer night.............I would suggest Hawk the Slayer !! This is possibly the worst fighting fantasy/sword and sorcery film ever made. I even laugh out loud when I'm sober never mind when I'm drinking beer.

Strider

Post by Strider » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:09 am

I recently got the Back to The Future DVD set at ye local Wal-Mart™ for 20 bucks, so now I'm watching them again. The deleted scenes and special features are really great and worth watching.

Jose-san

Post by Jose-san » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:38 am

My last week:

Serenity
Mulholland Drive
Happy Together
A History of Violence

Mulholland Drive is still blowing my head from within :p

Strider

Post by Strider » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:16 am

I'll have to see Serenity one of these days. The last "movie" I saw was the Star Wars Holiday Special. I know, it is the crappiest thing ever, but I made myself watch it to show my Star Wars Fan-ness. I figured ("how bad could it be?") I soon found out...really bad. BUT well worth watching for the heck of it.  :)

Halbarad

Post by Halbarad » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:07 pm

I watched King Kong last night, and it was a quite descent movie. A little long IMHO, but some breathtaking CGI and a couple of talanted actors made it worth the price and time.

Some of you ought to have seen A history of Violence, was it worth to watch? I have heard some different reviews, so your opinion would be cool!

Strider

Post by Strider » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:13 pm

^ Was the X-Men 3 trailer showing with Kong? I'll have to watch Kong over break.

Halbarad

Post by Halbarad » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:59 pm

Nope, there was no ads or trailers for X-men 3, but I live in Sweden and there might be different trailers in other countries.

Strider

Post by Strider » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:22 pm

I just saw it and it looks pretty awesome.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:12 am

Pireates of the Carribean II: Dead Man's Chest.

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Disappointing after the first one. It was repetitive and twice as long as it needed to be. None of the plotlines are tied up and the ending is a teaser for the next sequel. I won't be lining up for that.  :evil:  :twisted:  :roll:
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Oops  8O ; I've got tickets for tonight..
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:25 pm

Get ready for a long night.  :wink:

Let us know what you think.  :)
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.