Introductions

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:05 pm

Hi, I'm Michiel Steegh from the Netherlands. I started playing MECCG relatively recent (worlds @ Cologne being my first tournament) but from that moment on I tried to attent most tournaments in the NL and some international ones as well (Lure of MECCG! Great! :D )

O, I'm also in the Council of Elrond right now! :elrond:

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:56 pm

Some international ones - does that include north of Belgium ;)?

<-- will lie on the French guy's room next year :lol:

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:02 am

Tegarend wrote:Some international ones - does that include north of Belgium ;)?
no, not yet - mostly because it's hard for me to make such a journey "just" for one tournament... :(
Tegarend wrote:<-- will lie on the French guy's room next year :lol:
What, because we Dutchies talked too much crap :?: :pippin: :wink:

tip_922

Post by tip_922 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:11 pm

Hello,
The name's Erik.

I just found this site and decided I would break my cards back out. I stopped buying them when they came out with MELE, one reason was b/c I couldn't buy them in my area the other is that I was not interested in playing minions. I haven't played since then b/c I couldn't find anyone to play against.

I live in the US and I was happy to see that the MECCG environment is still alive, I didn't even know the councils still existed or that there were world tourney's still. Guess I will have to relearn the game and put together some decks.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:59 pm

Hi Erik and others,

There's a thriving online community playing MECCG using an online program called GCCG. If you haven't heard of this I can assure you it's fantastic for those unfortunate not to have an real life playgroup.

You can find out more and download the software here:

http://gccg.sourceforge.net/

In terms of an introduction, my name's Jamie, I live in sunny Edinburgh and I think I'm only one of two Scots registered here - the other being John France (baduila).

I'm an avid online player for the reasons stated above and you can find me logged into GCCG most nights. :)

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:32 pm

Hi, I'm Adrian from Australia. I discovered MECCG after the movies came out, so I am a fairly recent convert. We dont have too many MECCG players down here (two actually) so I am playing a lot of MECCG on GCCG. I prefer to play with thematic decks, which is my excuse for why I lose so often!
See you on GCCG! :)

Gaul

Post by Gaul » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:48 pm

Hello

I'm Odd Egil and I'm from Norway. I've been playing for some years, only casual play with friends though, never had time to participate in any tournaments.(It's not easy getting my wife to accept planning our vacation, based on where the next tournament is.... and as far as I know none have been arranged in Norway)

I've tried gccg, and it look great, but I don't have much time to play, but with luck I'll be able to play a couple of games during the summer.

I'd also like to say thank you to everyone that helps keep MECCG alive :-)

Westghost

Post by Westghost » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:36 am

Hi, my name is Matthias (or simply Matt)

I am from Troisdorf, Germany its between Bonn and Cologne, so most of the german players here will recognize it, i think.

I play MECCG since..ähm...6 years or so, but have never been to any tournaments or such. My friends and I just play for fun and try new strategies and so on.

Downloaded the MECCG online prog a few days ago, and met gwiahir there, who told me about this forum and tata, now I'm here :D
Peace is just the time, the militaries need to rebuild...

Silk the Hand

Post by Silk the Hand » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:29 am

Hi all!

I'm Fabien from the south-ouest of France. I'm a big fantasy fan, with a special mention for JRR Tolkien. First i was playing the Middle-earth RPG with some friends, but some years ago one of them just suggested we should try playing cards too. and so we said why not!

It was when the second game (from the movie) have just come out. We bought some cards of the 2 games to test, and then we set our minds on the MECCG :D

as we were some flatmates we played many games the first year, only hero, and i became addicted to this game! (more than the others i think!)

only this summer i discovered gaming on the net, but i can't ve my friends playing there too! :roll:

now i'm trying to upgrade my level playing with as many people as i can on gccg! and i'm really happy to learn 8)

so see u soon on gccg???

Landroval

Post by Landroval » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:31 am

HI,
Im Dyami a photographer in the San Francisco area, I was first introduced to ME;CCG in 96 but having not read the books (I know, Sacralidge) I was un impressed preferring to kill or rather torment people with my annoying magic decks.
Well we all learn as we age , I sold all my magic and SWccg cards at the peak of their viability fiscaly and did not touch a ccg until about 2 yers ago when I tried the decipher LOTR tcg... I didn't like it ( Btw if any body needs cards...) but I remembered that "Other" tolkien game and after a couple of starters and a box'a boosters from TW and TD I was hooked.
We have a fairly strong play group here if you are in the area please e-mail me. We just lost a couple of really good (and our only minion) Players to Oregon so all are welcome at the Grey Havens
Cheers

Lycan

Myself

Post by Lycan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:59 pm

Hi, who can resist an opportunity at talking about oneself?

My name is Frans, I'm from Sweden (only one here?), and I've been a devout collector since 95 or so. The times I've got to actually play the &nbsp;game are a precious few, though...

Gromit

Post by Gromit » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:08 pm

Finally found some time to fill this in

I am Michiel van Nieuwkerk from Delft, Holland. Played some metw games at our local gaming club (Alphen Games Guild) from the start (1994?/1995?) than dropped out some time in a cold chilly cellar to study :( . In 2000 finally finished my graduation as a electrical design engineer at Delft University of Technology.

While cleaning out that cellar, found some stupid playing cards with weird pictures. It is a waist to throw such things away, so I am still using them to play metw and as fill up under wobbly tables :twisted: . I am also trying to lure people to play metw whole day and joined the dutch council as an active member to be more effective 8) . I hope more people join this forum, I think it is the best idea in years to keep the game going worldwide.

For J.R.R. Tolkien: thank you for writing such good books. It is fun to read. :P
Michiel van Nieuwkerk

You never miss it till it's gone
(Seasons End, Marillion)

pferris

Post by pferris » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:44 pm

Hi all

Started playing when limited first came out - was introduced to it by a friend, who swayed me away from the evil that is MTG

At first played only with my (very supportive) wife and a couple of friends. Tried to organise a few tournaments in Brisbane Australia, but I think the most we ever got playing at one time was six :(

Kept collecting the cards up until the White Hand - only now trying to get a playset of Balrog - and that sure is hard.

The movies re-ignited my love of the game, and found this forum by chance. Trying to get back into playing, and will soon hassle my poor wife for more games :)

Now I am trying to get back up to speed on strategy, good sites, tricks, rules, etc....

With a new baby I dont get online much (except for work) so I wont get much of a chance to play NetMECCG. If you ever come to Brisbane, Australia drop me a line and I will organise a game or two

I think I have said more than enough :)

Nifelheim

Post by Nifelheim » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:58 am

Gaul wrote:Hello

I'm Odd Egil and I'm from Norway. I've been playing for some years, only casual play with friends though, never had time to participate in any tournaments.(It's not easy getting my wife to accept planning our vacation, based on where the next tournament is.... and as far as I know none have been arranged in Norway)
That's what you get for marrying my sister :P
However I guess 99.99% of women are that way
"I ache, therefore I am."
-Marvin the paranoid android

lucschruers

Post by lucschruers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:03 am

Hi everybody,

I am Luc and live in Belgium. Tge first starter that I bought was in December 95 so right after the release. I was hooked immediatly. It took a few years before I started playing tournaments but after a while I founded the Belgian Council and we started organizing tournaments. In those years I played at 3 Worlds (Montreal (awesome time!), Amsterdam and Koln). Between them we played lots of boosterdrafts, sealed decks and other constructed tournaments like Belgian and Benelux Championchips.

I was out of the scene for a few years but am now trying to find more time to play again. Hopefully I can make it to Turku...

Can't wait to see some faces again!

Luc