Introductions

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Introductions

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:32 pm

If you're new at the MeCCG.net forum, then perhaps it's a good idea to introduce yourself here.

My name is Wim Heemskerk (aka Gwaihir). I am from the Netherlands, still trying to find time to graduate (I spend too much on MeCCG promotion), and the one who came up with this MeCCG.net idea. I'm active for MeCCG in the Dutch Council and beyond and I've started a MeCCG redistributor / store called Gwaihir.net not too long ago.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Simon

Post by Simon » Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:51 pm

Hello,

I am Simon Kort also from the Netherlands. I'll just give suggestions and all, pretty busy with college lately.
- Maglok

The Dead Dwarf

Re: Introductions

Post by The Dead Dwarf » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:03 am

Hi,

I'm Nigel from London (UK). I'm fairly active on the MECCG List, been playing MECCG since it arrived in the UK, and one of the prime organisers of the (now dead) tournament scene in the UK.

I'm part of the net-rep team, and regularly write articles on MECCG in the Guild Companion (www.guildcompanion.com)

I'm planing one more tournament in London, in December (sealed deck), assuming I get enough players turn up to make it viable :roll:

Regards

Nigel

wigy

Re: Introduction

Post by wigy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:16 pm

Hi,

My name is Tommi Ronkainen and i am probably the first MeCCG tournament organizer in Finland. First tournaments were held soon after release of the The Wizards limited edition.

My current project is to provide multiplatform generic collectible card game engine. Especially important game for me is of course MeCCG, which is definetly my favourite ccg ever made.

You can check it out at
http://gccg.sourceforge.net.
It is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. It is compiled also succesfully using several BSD-systems and Sun OS.

LtOfMorgul

Re: Introduction

Post by LtOfMorgul » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:35 pm

HI :twisted:
I just registered my account, hooray!! My name is Antonio. I started playing MECCG (my first CCG!!) in 2000. After 2 years, I decided to run a tournament in the northeast USA and I ran it for 2 years already :D

I have some experience with software development (mainly business oriented) but I managed to get into web developing. If I can be of any help, just let me know :wink:

I'll be around
"...Gothmog the Lieutenant Of Morgul
had flung them into the fray..."
-LotRV

Zarathustra

Hello all

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:06 pm

I'm Mark Alfano from New Jersey, USA. I've been playing MECCG for about 4-5 years now, but only really started playing actively about 3 years ago. I've run two tournaments so far, one at my house and one at school. More to come.... Oh, and I'm on the team to help create a FAQ and examples of complicated plays, so just let me know if there's anything you'd like to see on there or if you'd like to help out! :wink:

MRA

rrb

Introducing...

Post by rrb » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:04 pm

Greetings all,

I've been playing MECCG for a couple years now but have been a Tolkien fan for ...ahem... decades. I live in NJ though I would never call it my home. I am a Unix SysAdmin by profession and thereby have quite a bit of experience with all things Web related. I have an MECCG site with some useful thingies on it which you can visit at:

http://68.45.5.214/MECCG

Included are a searchable card "database", a deck-builder and a CGI that finds potential trade partners on Chris Cable's trade site.

--rrb.

Star-crossed Peemp

Hi!

Post by Star-crossed Peemp » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:39 pm

Hello everyone! My name's Paul Choquette, and I've been playing MECCG since just after METW Unlimited was released. I don't program for a living, but do enjoy it as one of my hobbies. I've lived in the Seattle area for 5 years now. I played MECCG much more when I lived in NC. Of course, the tournament scene was a lot bigger than it is now, too. :D I've made several programs (most of which are defunct now) for use with NetMECCG and did the graphics work for the custom cards distributed at Worlds in Montreal. Currently, I am working on drafting a universal digital deck format (see the forum in the developers section).

Paul Choquette

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:51 am

Hey all

I'm Kris Van Beurden from Antwerp, Belgium, and was introduced into playing the ME CCG by the gen engine wigy mentioned. However, I followed ME strategy etc since its launch - just never found money and/or players to start it.

I'm a huge Tolkien fan and as such it sucks that I never got around to buying the real cards ... was too busy collecting Magic & Star Wars at the time.

tolenmar

Post by tolenmar » Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm Stephen Wark, principal organizer of the 2001 World Championships in Montreal, and I'm getting back into to the world of MECCG.

I'm happy to share whatever resources I have.
"A road followed precisely to its end goes precisely nowhere" Frank Herbert

Strider

Post by Strider » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:06 pm

Greetings.
You may call me Strider. Or Joe. I have played middle-earth for about 3 years with only 2 people, so it was quite a new thing when I went to the Nationals in DC last year. 8)
"You can't stop the signal."

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:40 pm

Hi,

I don't really want to introduce myself, cause my bad english.

I'm normally called Gandalf or Gerard (Glaser) and I'm new to MeCCG. But for my own Homepage I started to take a closer look at my Cards of MeCCG.
I'ved only played an introducing of the game some weeks ago (at gccg) but realy love it :)=

If i can help anyway at MeCCG.net i will do my best (but please only in german) ;-)=

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:20 pm

You are far to modest about your English Gerard, but if you'd rather use German, please feel free to.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:59 am

Greetings everyone!
I'm Tomi from Lappeenranta, Finland and I've been collecting meccg since it first arrived in Finland, but played avtively only for ~3 years now.
You can find me also at ircnet #gccg.

Sauron

Me

Post by Sauron » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:05 am

I just wanted to say hi, and let you guys know I'm here to help out anyway I can. I'm a senior Computer Science major from Philadelphia, PA. I'll be graduating in 2 months with my BS in CS. I'm proficent in C, C++, Java, HTML, and have some DB experience.

Sincerely,
Brian Min