Firefly and Serenity

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Strider

Firefly and Serenity

Post by Strider » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:19 am

Over Christmas break I finally got around to renting and watching the movie Serenity, and I was totally blown away. It was the best Science Fiction I've seen since the original Star Wars, and that my friends is saying a lot. Soon after watching Serenity, I was told that it was after a short-lived TV Series called Firefly. Well, I though to myself, it was cancelled, so it must have been crap. Two days ago I finished watching the Firefly Series, and it is one of the best TV Shows I've seen since Star Trek: Next Generation (notice a pattern here?) So if you havn't seen any of these, start with the show, and then watch the movie.

I can only hope that Fox gets smart and starts up a second Firefly season. Go to these two sites if you are interested in making this happen.
http://www.browncoatsriseagain.com/
http://www.fireflyseason2.com/Index.asp
"You can't stop the signal."

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:31 pm

Strider : a second Firefly season would require some Fox executive to confess he was wrong in cancelling it. Hell hasn't frozen over yet, so ...

jhunholz
Administrator

Post by jhunholz » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:32 pm

FOX has given up on Firefly, and there is a very slim chance it will come back, but not impossible.  The Family Guy was cancelled, but was brought back after killer DVD sales (which Firefly has also had).  But actually, an independant film company is currently investigating the idea of purchasing the rights from FOX and making a second season on a pay per view basis.  Hence the survey at fireflyseason2.com.

pferris

Post by pferris » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:45 am

I havent seen it yet - it comes out next week in Australia - but I am eager to see the Serenity movie

What did you guys think of Farscape? I thought it was an excellent series

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:18 am

Totally agree with the OP.  Serenity is an absolutely class movie, surprisingly good in fact!
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.