some for the Northern Waste

Ever thought up cards of your own, or written a cool scenario? This is the place to share your ideas.

Moderators: Jambo, Tegarend, Moderators

Thorsten the Traveller

some for the Northern Waste

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:07 pm

to revive this forum a bit, and because most people thought my Arda stuff was way overboard, so there's no more room for frivolities there, I direct some creativity to dreamcards. Nico, when you've finished doing the dishes in your new place, let's have some comments on these  :wink:  and don't give me crap about fixed numbers in a set.

Ring of Detection: special item. 1 MP. 1 cp.
Unique. Ring. Playable only at non-haven sites in the NW. If bearer is a sage or Elf, tap Ring of Detection to reveal an on-guard card played on his company. If card could never be legally revealed at the site as an on guard, discard the card. Bearer makes a cc at -1.

rationale: that will teach people to play bluff on guards, and it's very usable to see if you want to enter a site.

Ring of Healing: special item. 1 cp.
Unique. Ring. Playable only on Nestador. If bearer is an Elf sage with mind >5 he may tap Ring of Healing and make a roll during organization phase for a wounded character in his company: if < 9 character heals but is tapped, if >8 character heals and is untapped. Bearer makes cc at -1

As a permanent healing herb it has a nice effect, maybe it's even too good, but as ring special item you can play it via Rumours from sideboard, so it will protect you a bit from Rolled Down as well. Downside of course is you need Nestador to play it, though you can transfer it when he becomes Keeper of the Lodge.

Ring of the protector: special item. 1 MP. 1 cp.
Ring. Playable only at non-haven sites in the NW. Also playable as minor item after succesful influence attempt of a Man faction in the NW. Bearer may opt to have a strike he faces (except from this item) be ineffectual, but bearer must immediately face a strike (cannot be cancelled, type is bearer's race) with prowess equal to the original strike -3: if strike is successful, bearer is taken prisoner at his current site or site moving to (rescue attack: 1@x where x equals bearer's prowess +7).

This is a permanent risky blow/dodge with the downside risk of being captured by the ring's spirit, and of course it can't be used to defeat creatures, in sum, it's nice for staying untapped against mid/low prowess creatures. And it helps against Rolled, and it's cool...and the man factions in NW can use a little mp boost.

Galgrin's Hammer: special item. 1(2) mp, 1(2) cp, +2(3) prowess.
Unique. weapon. playable at Canadras. values in parenthesis apply to umit bearer. +2 influence against Men/Umli and Man/Umit factions playable in Northern Waste.

still looking for some cool ability.

Agog: Orc. 4/7. 8/2. Warrior/Ranger/Diplomat.
Unique. Leader. +2 direct influence against Ice-orcs and Orcs of the Bleak Mountains. +2 prowess/body when in the Northern Waste, +1 prowess when The Witch-king is in play, +1 prowess against Elves. No More Nonsense may be duplicated on Agog.
Home Site: Mornost.

this guy starts as a nobody but then works himself up as a warlord in the NW.

Cardolanian Whalers: keyable to Forochel, East/West Bay of Forochel, Everdalf, Rast Lornaeth, Minheldolath and Gondalf. (*! MP) Men, each character faces one strike at 11 prowess, detainment against hero and covert companies: if two characters fail a strike, any subsequent strikes attack normally.

I like the idea that first you talk, and if you are foolish to make them angry they still attack.

Hibernating Troll: Troll 1@15/8. Only playable on-guard at Ruins & Lairs in the Northern Waste. Before resolving the attack make a roll: if result minus company size is >6 attack is cancelled. If Hibernating Troll is defeated, the first item played does not tap the site: otherwise the site is tapped. Each warrior in the company lowers prowess/body of Hybernating Troll by 1. &nbsp;

come alone you might not wake him up, come with many warriors you can kill him and loot the site - should be playable on dragon-lairs? not likely a troll hibernates there, but otherwise playability is very low.

Jaakylat (floating iceberg site): Border-hold. East Bay of Forochel.
If Doors of Night is in play this site is in West Bay of Forochel. Dwarf/Man/Umit characters may heal at this site. After successful play of a faction at this site you may play Bone harpoon, Beadmakers Healing Runeknife or Minor Spellbead from discard pile as minor item. Aerfaroth may be played at this site.

minion version: overt company must tap two characters if moving to this site (one must be a scout). automatic-attack: Men each@9 (detainment against covert). playable: information, minor/major.

a nice place to hide from minions attacking you.
'Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:30 am

Hi Eric,

well I still have no internet at home, so I guess I will only comment shortly,

I love them all, except for the site as there is a site which is already doing the same thing I believe, I will start adding them to the set on GCCG

btw I already changed the XML according to you last email, so some northern Waste decks are ready to take action

mfg Nicolai

Thorsten the Traveller

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:21 pm

no internet? how do you survive? :lol:

which site would that be then, I don't know it? there's only Pieni Satama, but it's in Rast Lornaeth, so on land, and it doesn't have the abilities I gave the ice-berg site.
nb. why do the Aerfaroth faction have a negative modifier for dwarves, while merp says they get along very well, since they are so dissimilar that there is no distrust of eachothers motives, just profitable trade.

still need something for Galgrin's hammer though, otherwise it's just another weapon...

Shapeshifter

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:37 pm

Maybe Nico means Iceberg of the Ocean of Silence (Iceberg de la mer du silence)? A card from R. Cachia. &nbsp;:?:

Darksatin

Post by Darksatin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Iceberg of the Sea of Silence
West Forochel Bay
Nearest Haven : Evermist
Playable : Item (Minor, Major, Gold Ring)
Automatic Attack :
Undead : 2 strikes with 10 prowess
Each wounded character must make a corruption check &nbsp;
:P

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 am

Nope actually I mean this site,

*MERIKYLÄ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Border hold &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Region: EAST BAY OF FOROCHEL
[opponent draw/you draw: &nbsp;1/1; Site Path: W-C]
[Nearest Haven: Evermist &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
Playable: Aerfaroth - MAN
Automatic-attacks: none

*MERIKYLÄ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Border hold &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Region: EAST BAY OF FOROCHEL
[opponent draw/you draw: &nbsp;2/2]
[Nearest Haven: Mornost &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
Site Path: W-CS
Playable: Items (minor)
Automatic-attacks: none
Men - each character faces one strike at 6 prowess (detainment against a covert company)

It has been on GCCG for ages, just not finished with a pic,

Eric you should really check there 1st ;)

btw, I will have no internet (except at my mom's place or at work for at least another week)

mfg Nicolai

Thorsten the Traveller

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:12 am

And you should really make a good spoilers list &nbsp;:wink: , because I tend to disregard cards without pics since I can't play them in real life, and this one is not in the MENW spoilers that are age old so it can't be one of the first around. Spoilers are way easier than looking up each card at gccg.

for some reason I can't check the xml from dreamcards at subversion...though I can for regular sets and vc.

Anyway, my version is better, since the berg moves! but more importantly it would be nice to promote those nw minor items, they get very little play, because they are only worth including in a Nico type 70/70 deck.

Interesting card Dominique, where can we find more of this (if there is any) and where did you get the idea from, because this berg is obviously not inhabited, well, by undead spirits, but not colonized by Aerfaroth, so is it from merp or your own invention?

Darksatin

Post by Darksatin » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Interesting card Dominique, where can we find more of this (if there is any) and where did you get the idea from, because this berg is obviously not inhabited, well, by undead spirits, but not colonized by Aerfaroth, so is it from merp or your own invention?
This card is from Richard Cachia.
http://baramir.ifrance.com/
He has translated in French the site cards of the scenarios and made this new card.
He has also made a new map : Haradwaith, and new sites. But Vastor has already checked this expansion and was not interested :
http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... .php?t=763

Thorsten the Traveller

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:32 am

solution for Galgrin's Hammer might be simple, make it more utility item than weapon.

Galgrin's Hammer: special item. 1(2) mp, 1(2) cp, +1(3) prowess.
Unique. weapon. Playable at Canadras. Values in parenthesis apply to Umit bearer. +2 influence against Umli and Men with home site in the Northern Waste. If bearer is a male sage, Dwarf or Umit, tap Galgrin's Hammer to place a Reforging in the company with an item that can be reforged (as if stored).

useful to safe some time when reforging.