3D MECCG Cards

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 am

Great !!! Please PM me if u want when u're finished, i'd like to see how it is  :D  :D  :D

mm75

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:35 pm

I've uploaded pictures of six more cards to the same Photobucket album:
http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn231/3DMECCG/

I started the METW Ghouls but took a break to work on something simpler...and ended up working on Back to the Fray, which was by far the most difficult card I've worked with.  It took lots of work cutting, layering, recutting, and relayering Back to the Fray, but the conceptualization was not terribly difficult.  The conceptualization on the Ghouls has been tough; having the Ghoul reach over the boat without looking oddly segmented is what made me take a break.  My past attempts at this effect did not turn out great - Cave-drake's neck isn't terrible but it could have been much better, and I butchered the foreground on Bold Thrust.

The conceptualization for the METW Huorn gives me a headache; I really want to 3D it but planning out how to cut, weave, and layer all the overlapping, intertwining roots is too much for me.

I'll return to the Ghouls when I have a chance to work on a card again.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:36 am

They're nice indeed! What a work mate!!!  :wink:

Keep it up and ... whenever u're done with the Ghouls i'd like to trade it if possible  :P

Cheers!

mm75

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Whoaah! That Back to the fray is just amazing! Very nice work.
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I finally got around to finishing Ghouls, and then went on a tear and did 4 more cards: Rhosgobel, Ambusher, Stealth, and Quickbeam.  Pictures are up in the album:
http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn231/3DMECCG/

Marco - Ghouls and Stealth are going to be prizes at Worlds this year, so you'll have a chance to trade for Ghouls in a few weeks.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:29 pm

BeeBoy wrote:Marco - Ghouls and Stealth are going to be prizes at Worlds this year, so you'll have a chance to trade for Ghouls in a few weeks.
I think it will be difficult to trade that but i will try. I'd have liked to be at worlds this year but ... i'm going to be in Croatia for my vacation, not that bad  :P

Keep it up, really nice works!

mm75

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:53 pm

I've decided to challenge myself to 3D a card a week through the end of the year.  We'll see how it goes...

This week's card: Itangast Ahunt.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... hunt02.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... hunt01.jpg

I also need to challenge myself to figure out a better way to photograph them.

My list of cards to acquire is getting long enough that I feel like its worth it to buy them from someone.  Where's the best place to buy crappy commons/uncommons cheaply?  I'm looking for stuff like All the Bells Ringing and Watcher in the Water, which almost nobody would ever put in a deck, but the places I've looked still want half a Euro for them.  Is that normal?

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:08 am

If you search Ebay.de for MECCG you should find Wolfgang P's auction of 750 bulk C/U cards.  If you mail him ahead of time he might be able to arrange it so they're all from the same set (say, all METD) so you'd then have a good chance of getting 6+ of some of them.  Also, he has multiple lots I believe so you could probably buy 750 x2 or maybe x3 and get a whole bunch.  

If that fails, let me know as I got boxes I could dig out to and ship you for just the cost of shipping but it may be a while as I'd need to sort them so you actually get enough of each card.

Ted

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 pm

dont worry ted, i have already sent a PM to andrew.

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:22 am

Good to hear! I was worried I'd have to dust off and open my common/uncommon boxes!  :lol:

Ted

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks for the help finding cards!

This week's card: Concealment

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... ment01.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn23 ... ment02.jpg

For anyone trying to 3d a card for the first time, I strongly recommend choosing a Quinton Hoover card.  His style is fantastic for cutting because of the thick lines around everything.

Dragonmaster

Post by Dragonmaster » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Andrew,

wonderful idea! I tried one myself today, I took 'That ain't no secret'. It's not as good as yours, but hey, it's a start!

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:Andrew,

wonderful idea! I tried one myself today, I took 'That ain't no secret'. It's not as good as yours, but hey, it's a start!
Great!

If you get a chance, post some pictures - I'd love to see it!

Dragonmaster

Post by Dragonmaster » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Hello,

don't worry, I'll post some pictures as soon as I'm content about the result and when I have some more cards.
I just finished a 'Paltry Ring' today, which went better than the privous one. I'm heving trouble putting the 'whiteness' away of the cuttings I made.

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Dragonmaster wrote:I'm heving trouble putting the 'whiteness' away of the cuttings I made.
To get rid of the whiteness, I trace the cut edges with a brush pen.  Depending on the picture and the part of the card, I either just use black or try to match the color of the pen to the part of the picture.  I first used highlighters, then Sharpies, then fabric markers before I found brush pens; all of them worked with varying levels of success.