Ebay

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Warlord of Gondor

Ebay

Post by Warlord of Gondor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

So, how exactly can I get the 700 and up cards from ebay besides bidding? I keep losing every auction I do. Should I use that one thing they have that you can tell everbody what you are looking for?
One does not simply walk into Mordor. They nuke it!

Join my card forum at cardgames.niceboard.com

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Keep track of biddings, and keep a special track if the bidding is in the last 5 minutes.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Warlord of Gondor

Post by Warlord of Gondor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:19 pm

That's what I'm probably going to do. Wait until the last minute, then bid. That's how I won an 8 dollar "The Alamo" movie.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:46 am

My approach is bid once and bid the maximum you are happy to pay.
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

Red Adept

Post by Red Adept » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Sly Southerner wrote:My approach is bid once and bid the maximum you are happy to pay.
I agree with this.  Unless you're really willing to pay any cost and then want to minimize how much you're paying.  I determine how much it's worth to me and bid that as a max.  If I get it, then great!  If not, then I'm not all worked up and stressed out following the auction and re-loading every 5 seconds.

Earendil

Post by Earendil » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:52 pm

Sly Southerner wrote:My approach is bid once and bid the maximum you are happy to pay.
I agree.

It is also useful doing so in the last minutes, because in this way you will avoid insane "rushes" with someone who wants to get the item in any case.

So:
- Think about a price you're willing to pay
- Bid it in the last minutes
- If you loose the auction, don't mind: FIRST RULE OF EBAY --> Everything, even the most rare things, is going to be sold also next week  :wink:
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right :D"

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:51 am

Earendil wrote: FIRST RULE OF EBAY --> Everything, even the most rare things, is going to be sold also next week  :wink:
yea, sergio is absolutely right. so all of you wait till next week, when i am bidding for something ;-)

Leon

Post by Leon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 am

I am happy with ebay so far: a few weeks ago I bought 2 sets of MELE in french for a total of 120 euros including shipping. Now I can at least make some decks, I already know the english texts from gccg but do not have the money for an english set. Also, when I look around now I am really glad I decided to buy a balrog set a few years back for 80 euros.  :D

And indeed, the advice to put down the maximum price you are willing to pay and then be in peace with the result is good.

Warlord of Gondor

Post by Warlord of Gondor » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:08 pm

I've never been able to win an auction on any ME cards. I always get outdone the last minute. And I mean it, the very last minute.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:50 pm

In that case you are trying to get them too cheap. Bid higher earlier and forget it.  :D
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.