Many of the cards still seem readily available.

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Tolma Silvertoes

Many of the cards still seem readily available.

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:02 pm

on ebay and a lot of web stores. How can there be such a huge supply after all this time of being out of print...ideas?

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 pm

The Dragons set was overprinted.  So there is a lot of stock left from that set.  So you can get whole boxes very easily.  I think I got a box for $10.  Many other sets are much harder to obtain.  The Balrog set being the most expensive.  The two balrog decks usually go for over $100 each.

Tolma Silvertoes

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:28 pm

WHOA !
Not spending that much on two decks  :lol:

So, would a case of those Dragons boosters be worth buying, do you think?

Im really excited to be having a case (10 decks) of Challenge decks coming and looking forward to getting some of the other cards I havent seen yet.

Laura is More into the look of the art and the cards themselves than playing. I told her that METW cards blow magic cards away in that aspect...especially the site cards.

Tolma Silvertoes

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:35 pm

Wacho wrote:The Dragons set was overprinted.  So there is a lot of stock left from that set.  So you can get whole boxes very easily.  I think I got a box for $10.  Many other sets are much harder to obtain.  The Balrog set being the most expensive.  The two balrog decks usually go for over $100 each.
I went ahead and ordered a box of the dragon boosters.
with insured shipping it only came to $23, so thats not too bad.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:31 pm

Moved to right forum, removed advertising post
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Tolma Silvertoes

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:13 pm

Gwaihir wrote:Moved to right forum, removed advertising post
sorry about the ad :)
I just wanted for someone to let me know if that seemed like a good deal or not :)

Ill watch the ads in the future...

Morgoth the Black

Post by Morgoth the Black » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:31 am

$10 for a box - you can't go wrong can you?  I mean, its not like its fallen empires or something... :lol:   Dragons is a good set and there some useful cards in it.... flatter a foe, the ahunts, Thrain II, Wormsbane, etc so $10 is good I think.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:36 pm

Dragons is a great set.  So you're right it's nice that you can find them cheap.

Tolma Silvertoes

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Wacho wrote:Dragons is a great set.  So you're right it's nice that you can find them cheap.
The Dragons Booster came today.

I found this on another website

Middle Earth - The Wizards Unlimited
500 Random Common and Uncommon Cards Lots! $6.50

Shipping was $3 even if I ordered more than one set, so we ordered 2 set, for 1000 cards total.

I probably seem ignorant, but Id really like to get a good collection of cards like I used to have....

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:14 pm

Buying commons and uncommons in bulk is a cheap way to get a lot of cards fast, so in that sense it can be very interesting. However, if you eventually want the rares too, you'll find you can more or less get the commons and uncommons for free alongside those. I.e. if you buy sets or boosters to get you rares, you'll find enough commons and uncommons included to suit your needs, but won't find any discounts "cause you don't need the commons anymore".

Therefore, if your budget allows it, I'd be more inclined to pick small collections up at eBay and such. They come at a price point that's fairly similar, but you'd be picking up rares too.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.