Under 300 and counting ...

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

trcanberra

Under 300 and counting ...

Post by trcanberra » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:24 am

Now that I am back into the game (my kids have grown old enough to play and they are Tolkien fans too - yay), I have begun to resume the collection quest.

I am just collecting the basic sets in English (my METW set is mostly Limited, a few Unlimited) plus the 13 promos.  I worked out that there are around 1670 to collect (if you don't go for separate Limited and Unlimited METW).  I was in the high 300's left for some time, but some conservative ebay and Wim's store now have me down to 295 to go.

Most of the ones I need are MELE and MEAS as I never quite took to the Ringwraith side of things.

Jut wondering how everyone else is going with their sets?

Jeek

Post by Jeek » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:39 pm

I'm mainly looking at MEAS now and a few rares scattered around some of the sets. Should be done soon :). Need a box of challenge decks as well though.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Re: Under 300 and counting ...

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:43 pm

trcanberra wrote:I worked out that there are around 1670 to collect (if you don't go for separate Limited and Unlimited METW).
Yeah, the card data table in my website's database has 1681 entries. That includes all promo's (the German 9 special ones too) as seperate entries.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Corwin

Post by Corwin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:01 am

Well, MELE and MEAS are the two most difficult sets to gather, if you except Balrog which is not as difficult as it is in fact very expensive. I wish you good luck anyway!

Since I started playing again a few months ago, I've been watching eBay closely, and now I'm almost there. Wizards, Dragons, Shadow and Balrog are complete, I miss one card in Lidless Eye (Freeze the Flesh, this is no problem) and something like five in Dark Minions. Only White Hand remaining, but this one will be easy.

Scactha

Post by Scactha » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:24 pm

I got hold of my MEAS, DM and METD at my local store. METW limited I got through local gamers with collections they want to get rid of. One of those collections included 131 playing cards plus sites and characters from the METB so I am happy :D

Pity is I´m an 'evil' player in all games so I´m a little miffed MELE and MEWH seems a bit daunting to get hold of. But the collecting continues...
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:10 pm

Scactha wrote:so I´m a little miffed MELE and MEWH seems a bit daunting to get hold of.
really?? especially MEWH should be very easy to find (=cheap) nowadays.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:05 pm

Yeah, be happy you got the Balrog (and MEAS)! Contrary to a few years ago, MELE and MEWH aren't all that big a deal anymore.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Scactha

Post by Scactha » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:25 pm

It seems the collector I got it all from had all his MELE at a friends, so know I am hounding him to dig that up too!  :wink:
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron