How many boxes will complete a LE set?

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Barliman Butterbur

How many boxes will complete a LE set?

Post by Barliman Butterbur » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:25 pm

If I wanted to get a near complete player's set of the Lidless Eye, how many booster boxes do you figure I need to buy?

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Well, you would need to buy at least 1 box of Starters to get the Ringwraiths and other cards from the fixed packs.  I'd guess that 3 boxes of boosters would give you at least 1 of nearly every card.  Of course, if you want a play set, with 3 of each non-unique, it would take quite a bit more... maybe 6 or 7 boxes?

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:04 pm

There are 121 different rares. A starter box holds 30 at random, a booster box 36 at random. There are 5 different fixed sets. A start box holds 10 at random. There are a few commons only available in boosters.

3 starter boxes makes pretty sure you've got 3+ of each fixed set and thus 3+ of each ringwraith. That gives you 90 rares already. To have a fair shot at 3x each rare you need 363 rares, which means 8 booster boxes too, for 11 boxes in total. The randomness will cause you to still be missing some, but you should have enough extra's to trade for those.

So, boring as it may be, if you're going for all at once, buying it as a set (or sets) is good value for money and the only way to avoid having to trade after all. (Well, the only sane way; I suppose buying 30 boxes or so ought to do too ;).)
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:19 pm

I would just buy complete LE sets off of Ebay.  You see them on there from time to time.

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:24 am

But hey! Trading is (or at least was for me) THE method to get in contact with all the other guys around the world who are despearately looking for the cards YOU have...(and who might have the ones you need)...

Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:50 pm

I would like to collect LE and I have a questions about fixes. I saw that exist 5 fixed sets : Dwar,Hoarmûrath,Khamûl,Ren,Ûvatha (if I made mistake tell me ;) ).Where can I find the rest of nazguls?? I read that fixed sets include one of nazguls and witch-king, is this true??

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:10 am

No, Dwar and Hoarmurath both include the Witchking, while Khamul brings Akhorahil with him, Ren with Adunaphel and Uvatha parties with Indur. So if you get your hands on all 5 fixed sets, you'll have a full set of Nazgul...at least one of them (Witchking two)...

Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Thanks ;) where can I find the list of fixed cards in each set ?? there are some cards which player needs in 3 copies (except nazguls) ??

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:55 pm

Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:26 pm

Thank You Gwaihir ;) it's very useful for me :)