Booster luck

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Nariam

Booster luck

Post by Nariam » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:35 pm

Sorry I don't really know in which board to post this topic... so please just correct me if I'm wrong.

My question is, what was the most special booster you've ever opened, meaning you got a combo (the bigger and more rare the better) in one single booster?   :wink:

I was just wondering because I opened a wizards booster featuring both Narsil and Anduril today. It would've been really fun if a Reforging would've been part of it too :)

Nariam

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:58 pm

I know Mark got a starter deck with no rares in it for sealed, and he said screw it, and opened another starter and got too many rares, hehehe.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:21 pm

Yeah, that was sweet.  I got a starter with rares and uncommons switched, so there were far too many rares.  I even got Easterlings and Easterling Camp, as well as Aragorn fixed pack and Return of the King.  Needless to say, Nate Bruinge ate his Dwar of Waw that game.  Literally.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:47 am

Zarathustra wrote:I even got Easterlings and Easterling Camp, as well as Aragorn fixed pack and Return of the King.
That's really not bad for a sealed deck...  :twisted:

Khamul the Easterling

Post by Khamul the Easterling » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:56 pm

I remember having bought a Spanish Limited TW Booster display. None o f it contained a rare (I stopped opening after 20 packs, though)

There was quite an amount of German starters where the number of rares and that of uncommons was exchanged. Happy days in my early ME-times ;-)

I remember a friend of mine once opened a booster and found three copies of Khamul the Easterling inside. Why didn't find that booster its way into my hands, I still wonder  :D

jhunholz
Administrator

Post by jhunholz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:41 pm

This wasn't an MECCG booster, but still fun: I bought a booster box of Death Star II for the Star Wars CCG, and a few of the booster packs (3 I think?) were double size.  So instead of 11 cards with 1 rare, it was 22 cards with 2 rares.  I counted the number of boosters in the box to make sure I didn't get cut short on those, but they were all there.  So I basically got 3 boosters for free. That was fun :).

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:59 pm

THe first booster I opened from reflections (LOTR:CCG) was a godpack containing Aragorn ROTN foil with his bow foil. (and 6 other lesser rares foil).

A godpack was a pack in where all cards were foils, usually multiple rares.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Dorfl

Post by Dorfl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:10 pm

A friend of mine had an entire LOTR booster box with all uncommons replaced by rares. Had a hell of a time getting all uncommons tough  :wink:

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:26 pm

I also remember once buying a hero starter pack that had the quantity of rares swapped with the uncommons.  I wonder if this happens on GCCG... ;)
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Sadly this doesn't happen in gccg, unless wigy coded it otherwise.

teratzul

Post by teratzul » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:34 am

I don't know if it counts, because it was in diferent starters, but at the Barcelona sealed tournament,4 weeks ago I got An Asasin, Morgul Night and Retourn of the King. A friend of mine who was also at the event, got exactly the same rares in his starter deck.
Steel marks flesh, but flesh cannot mark steel

Warlord of Gondor

Post by Warlord of Gondor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:02 pm

I have not gotten any Boosters yet. Sad.  :cry:
One does not simply walk into Mordor. They nuke it!

Join my card forum at cardgames.niceboard.com