Promos And Special Cards List

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 pm

The special thing is that it was not included in the normal decks (guess they forgot), so you could only get it like a promo card. They also forgot "atrapar un olor fugaz" (catch an elusive scent?), but that card was never made.

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:34 am

I know this thread is ancient, but I figured I'd update it was this tid-bit in case somebody in the future ends up using it as a reference.

As I'm going through my cards to verify I have all the promos, one correction I noticed to the above - The Spanish Deadly Dart versions really are:

Geiza Hiltzailea
Dardo Mortifero (x2)
Dard Fatidic  (It's either called this or I have a really, really rare version!)

I'll post other errors (well, if I find any more! :) ) as I find them in the coming months. :)  It's literally going to take a few odd days here and there to inventory my cards...

Ted

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:05 pm

Maybe someone should note that The Arkenstone is included in Challenge deck. I have also not-really-promotional Deadly dart but dunno where it came from (Balrog?)

Thorf

Post by Thorf » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 am

Yeah, looking through the Challenge Decks (which I just bought :) ) it seems there are quite a few like that.

The Balrog
Neeker-breekers

Challenge Decks
Fatty Bolger
Black Arrow
Deadly Dart
The Arkenstone

Are there any more?

On a similar subject, I've been putting together a list of the number of unique cards, where unique is defined as any card with a different title OR completely different art.  The promo part of my list consists of 25 cards, as follows:

METW
Boromir II (Spanish)
Fatty Bolger
Black Arrow
Dark Quarrels (Spanish)
Dwarven Axe (German)
Escape (Spanish)
Quickbeam (Spanish)
Swordmaster (German)
Test of Form (Dutch)
The Iron Crown
A Pack at the Door (German)
Barrow-wight (Spanish)
Fury of the Iron Crown
Neeker-breekers
Pick-pocket (German)

METD
Belegennon (German)
Horn of Defiance (German)
Ringil (German)
Ireful Flames
Wolf-riders (Spanish, etc.)

MEDM
Baugúr (German)
Freca (German)
Wolf (German)

MELE
Deadly Dart
The Arkenstone

Add to this the 1657 cards of the main sets (484 + 180 + 180 + 417 + 170 + 122 + 104), and we get a grand total of 1682 unique cards in MECCG.  In other words, there are 1657 separate pieces of art in the game.

Did I miss anything?  I wouldn't be surprised if there are some one-of-a-kind tournament prize cards and stuff, but I'm not really interested in adding them.  ;)

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:12 pm

(Pulling out the "special binder")

First, for English, I can't remember - More Alert Than Most, Stormcrow, Angmar Arises, Bill Ferny, Never Seen Him, these were offered both in promo and regular set form right? (one with little crown symbol, one without?).

How about modified art (framed differently from original pic) like UL English Fellowship and Daelomin (mirror image I think).

Then there is the "anti-card" cards, they're pure blank white with a Burning Eye and Site Map backing.  These were test play cards I believe.

Not really art, but kinda: Le Carte Matire D'Armes plus the 5 Invocation cards.

Dutch Great ship framed differently to.  There might be more of these.  At one point I had the idea of sorting all the languages one card per page so you could see all the different lang. of a given card together.  Decided not to, but it would making finding the various differences easy.

Dutch Lure of Nature with  Daelomin art clipped diff. and rotated..90 degrees?

Oh and Thorf, speaking of the art - you're going to hate me for saying this, but I think the Finnish English METW is worth collecting.  I'll send you some extra C/U cards I have.  The Finnish has the nicest inking of any of the languages I think.  It makes the English set look washed out in my eyes.  It's almost like "different art".

Also - I noticed for the JP limited at least the tweaked the colors a bit in pre-production?  Or maybe it's just the print process/inks...

Ted

Thorf

Post by Thorf » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Well, so far having seen just English and Japanese, I have to say I like the Japanese printing.  The colours are generally much nicer.

But the best I've seen so far is the Challenge Decks - despite the grey border, the colours are just great!  For a comparison, look at English Limited or Unlimited Alatar, then his Challenge Deck version.  They're totally different!  So much so that it almost looks like a new picture, although it seems more likely that they just screwed up the original scan of the art; the Challenge Deck picture looks far more like a normal Angus McBride picture.

I guess I may have to buy a Finnish set at some point.  At least I know who to blame!   :D

Regarding the differently framed art and such - it's interesting, I agree, but I don't consider them unique cards.  Similarly with cards with the wrong image, if the image is on another card then it's not all that interesting to me.  What I'm really interested in is each individual picture.

Lastly, your idea for sorting your album sounds rather cool.  With 9 slots on each page, you could fit all 8 languages plus one Unlimited set, which as you say would give an excellent opportunity for comparing the different language versions.  But it would take days to make up all those albums!

Right now I'm waiting for my new albums and pages to arrive, then I'll have to work out how to arrange my cards too.  First I want to do a comprehensive set, including all the 1682 cards I referenced above (hence the list).  Arranged in alphabetical (English) order, split into the major categories, etc.  (Sorry, drifting off topic a bit so I'll stop here.)

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 pm

btw: what do you consider dutch "Mouth of Sauron" ?

It clearly states "Creature/Short-Event", but completly lacks the sentence "If played as a short-event, bring...."

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 pm

A misprint?  :D

Ted