TWUnlimited Booster Box

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

spacemarine17

TWUnlimited Booster Box

Post by spacemarine17 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Hello,

I was unsure where to place this thread, so I figured "General" would be the safest. Long story short: a not so local hobby shop has boxes of The Wizards (unlimited) [starter and booster] each full box is $25 . What should I get a box of, starters or boosters? Do I have a greater, lesser or the same chance of pulling The mouth of Sauron, One Ring, Uvatha, etc. from the starters or Boosters?

Just to update you all, I have Challenge Decks BCD and after buying some singles I have a King under the Mountain deck (that I'm convinced sucks--but that could be just my lack of ability.) I now each starter has a starter pack, but do I really need that? I am more concerned w/ getting good rares for my deck (maybe for trade? wink, wink)

I will be going to this shop tomorrow afternoon so any and all replies would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

-adam.

PS they also have Dragons boosters for $25 but I figure that my Challenge decks gave me what I need from that set (am I correct???)

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:57 pm

hey!

My advice would be:

go to the shop, buy WHATEVER you can get from The Wizards, use whatever you need for yourself, store the rest and/or sell whatever you don't need later on ebay.

You could also keep everything spare and play a occasional sealed game with your friends (given there are some willing to play...)

spacemarine17

Post by spacemarine17 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:52 pm

you think these cards will go up in value? It seems to me that only The One Ring, the Mouth of Sauron and the Individual Hobbits seem to worth anything from this set (this is just from a VERY casual player who peruses ebay from time to time). The minion sets seem to fetch some money.

As for friends w/ interest in the game, only my lady is and she likes LotR TCG more. D'oh! and only wants to be minions, so sealed is a no go.

thanks! I figured the Dragons was a waste compared to Wizards.