State of the IP?

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Scactha

State of the IP?

Post by Scactha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:27 am

Does anyone know what the state is of the IP and concerning a card game in it´s name? I belive Decipher went almost bust. Is it dormant atm?

(Who doesn´t nurture a secret dream of reviving this excellent game I mean? ;))
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Decipher has nothing to do with ME:TW, does it?  Iron Crown Enterprises created the game.  As I understand it, Tolkien Enterprises owns the rights for the production of any game based on Middle Earth, but don't quote me on that. ;)

Morgoth the Black

Post by Morgoth the Black » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Actually Tolkien enterprises owns the rights for any licenses regarding the lords of the rings and the hobbit so if one wanted to make a game based upon any other works of Tolkiens (i.e. the Silmarillion) I think that they would have to talk to Christopher Tolkien. However I am not 100% sure that its Christopher who owns the rights.

Leon

Post by Leon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

This has been discussed a number of times and each time the conclusion was that we cannot print large quantities ourselves. If you want to know more, look here through the older posts.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 pm

This is a fairly good thread to browse: http://www.meccg.net/dforum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

Morgoth the Black

Post by Morgoth the Black » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:31 am

This is just a thought but has anyone ever seriously considered to organize the MECCG community or this board to make an attempt at making a LOTR/Hobbit CCG like has been discussed on these boards?  I know that it would be a very difficult undertaking but isnt it possible if we could get a majority of the members to partake in such a venture?  Considering the Hobbit movies are coming out in 2011 and 2012, if one were to make a LOTR/hobbit CCG like LORE or such, the greatest chance for success of making such a game would be to release it around the release of the movies.

Scactha

Post by Scactha » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks for the link. Clears things up. A totally new game is probably the best idéa I guess. Something like LORE.
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron