about erratas

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

sarma72

about erratas

Post by sarma72 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:55 am

Hi there,

As well all know cards get errata-ed because they unbalanced the current gaming environment. However, as the latter changes with time, it looks quite likely to me that some cards may not cause the same problems if they were to be restored in their original format. What do you think? Are there some cards that were errata-ed when only METW or METD were out, that could still be played as they were originally meant to once MEWH or METB came out?

Marc

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:15 pm

More the reverse.  Ever since the Balrog came out, Tidings+Unabated has been one of the more broken hazard combos in the game.  Likewise Blackbole being playable at a Wizardhaven, etc.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:11 am

Marc thats a good question. There are so many it would take a while to go through! Did you have any in mind?
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

sarma72

Post by sarma72 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:37 am

What about Rescue Prisoners or Vilya?

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:22 am

Vilya was awesome to start with, was still powerful after the errata...

the thing might be to take some things back in the errata,

for Vilya it is the case with the rivendell clause, which made it less usefull

but 3 cards shuffling is still huge

mfg nicolai

kweniston

Post by kweniston » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:35 am

I think it's a nice idea to list some errata over time (which combo caused the errata), as to make life easy for players who for example only have The Wizards. Why bother them with errata they don't really need cause the combo doesn't exist for them...

(By the way,
if you need to lookup old sites that don't exist anymore, check out:
www.archive.org. The internet archive that has a lot of ancient stuff long since gone)

sarma72

Post by sarma72 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 am

for instance... how about "great ship". A lot a sea strategy killer came along during evolution of Meccg, and I think that the errata "tapping during the organisation phase" could go

Marcos

Post by Marcos » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 pm

hmmm... i don't know if undo the errata on great ship is a good idea, think on an unexpected party company playing ships without tapping at org phase... would be almost unstoppable...

for rescue prisioners i like the idea to restore it to it's original format...

vilya could be re-errated... maybe take 3 cards if elrond is at rivendell, 1 if not...

dunno, just giving my 2 cents...  :roll:

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:23 pm

I'd really like to see some work in this direction. Sometimes I've wanted to play only METW, or METW+TD. Then I dont really know if I should apply necessarily all the errata that where published. I'd like the erratas to clarify why they were erratas. I mean, one thing is an typo, and another thing is a modification of the card to better fit new cards. Which one is one is not really clear to me.

bulabula

Post by bulabula » Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 am

Hello,

I have been away from the game for a long time, but recently started to get back in and finish my sets (I hope to play again too).  I have a question about errata since I know very little about it, but have seen it mentioned on this forum as well as different websites.  Is/was errata defined officially by ICE, or was it unofficially accepted changes created by players, or both?  And when and where were these changes announced?

And also, where can I find a complete listing of this errata?

Bob

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 am

All the errata is official ICE changes.  You can find the official list at http://www.treebeard.com/col/docs/crf/crf.html and it is available other places as well.  There are also rules digests, which are rulings by the Council of Elrond that attempt to answer questions and clarify the play of cards.  These aren't rule changes per se, they merely attempt to determine and clarify proper play according to the official rules.  You can find a list of most of these digests here http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed May 21, 2008 6:58 am

And by the way Bob, you have nice polish name (cebula=onion) - do you speak polish?

bulabula

Post by bulabula » Wed May 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Thank you.  No I don't speak Polish but my Great Aunt does.  I was aware that Cebula means onion in Polish though.