[Hero resource] Under-deeps

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Muad'Dib

[Hero resource] Under-deeps

Post by Muad'Dib » Wed May 30, 2007 6:55 pm

[Starting]
Adrazar
Elrohir
Thranduil
Healing Herbs x2

[Characters]
Glorfindel
Gildor
Vygavril
Alatar x3

[Resources]
Dragon-helm
Aiglos
Noldo-lantern x3
Torque of Hues
Gollum
Nenselde the Wingild
Southrons
Concealment x3
Many Turns and Doublings x2
Dark Quarrels x2
Secret Ways x2
Sacrifice of Form
And Forth He Hastened x2
Longbottom Leaf x2
Smoke Rings
Star of High Hope x2
A Friend or Three
Old Friendship
New Friendship
Favor of the Valar
Lordly Presence
A Chance Meeting
(Power Against the Shadow vs minion)

[Sideboard]
Longbottom Leaf
Smoke Rings x2
A Chance Meeting
The White Wizard
Here,There, or Yonder
Marvels Told x2
A Friend or Three
New Friendship
Old Friendship
Healing Herbs
And Forth He Hastened
Glamdring
Shadowfax
Men of Anfalas
Riders of Rohan
(Power Agaisnt the Shadow x2 vs minion)

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu May 31, 2007 3:55 am

I'm assuming Adrazar is going to influence a faction or two?  If so, then the Diplomat only cards should be replaced with more Friends or Three, since you've got a very item-heavy (i.e. vulnerable to corruption) deck.

If you want a diplomat with your under-deeps party, then Imrahil might be a better way to go, with a higher prowess and body -- you've got enough GI.

I assume Nenselde is there to recycle Stars of High Hope, but I'm not sure it's practical to get a character to Dol Amroth and have them doomed to sit there for the rest of the game.  Echo of All Joy might be a better means of keeping stars in play.

On the whole, the main thing to make sure of is that you've got a real chance of getting factions into play.  With your main party (and, presumably, Alatar) on an under-deeps tour, the Southrons might be a little exotic compared a simple Men of Lamedon+Stone of Erech combo.

Since you're going to be wandering around the underdeeps, you might want to consider To the Uttermost Foundations -- it doesn't really cost you anything to try for it, and can make a crucial difference in the kind of MPs you're getting.

If you're going to use Sacrifice of Form, then consider sticking more than one in and putting And Forth He Hastened to the sideboard -- the two cards make different uses of your wizard.

Muad'Dib

Post by Muad'Dib » Thu May 31, 2007 11:37 am

Originally my starting team was:
-Glorfinel or Thranduil
-Elrohir (or Elladan) and Gildor
-Adrazar.

so I didn't have more GI for better scout and diplomat. After few games I decided that hazard limit was too high and I had problem with Call of Home so I reduced number of starting characters to 3. Now I think that the best character is Galva or Frodo. I need a scout in team for Concealment and diplomat for corruption checks. Additionally I don't want to remove brothers or Gildor from team because sometimes I can fight with orcs.

Nenselde and Southrons - I planned to get this faction with Vygavril and eventually Lordly Presence and find Nenselde with Alatar and Vygavril. Later Alatar will leave ally with Vygravril in Edhellond and teleport to the main team.

To the Uttermost Foundations - this card is useless for me in this deck. I don't have time to store it. My path for under-deeps is:
-1 turn Moria (if I have Gollum in my hands) or Goblin-gate
-2 turn The Under-gates or The Under-grottos
-3 turn The Gem-deeps or The Under-gates
-4 turn The Pukel-deeps or The Gem-deeps
-5 turn Dunharrow (play Shadowfax and call the council) or The Pukel-deeps
-eventually 6 turn Dunharrow
-If I have a time I can also go to Edoras and play Riders of Rohan (they can be influenced by Alatar or by my main team)

At the beginnig I tried to have team only in under-deeps and influence factions with Here,There, or Yonder + Roac the Raven + Lordly Presence but it was too diffucult to have all these cards in hands

Leon

Post by Leon » Thu May 31, 2007 11:59 am

I really do not see the need for a diplomat, 3 times a Friend or Three and perhaps a few Marvels Told is enough to avoid corruption. Annalena is less likely to die soon than Adrazar and can be controlled by Thranduil or Glorfindel. In that case you can also add one more elf, since 17 GI used is pretty ok. It is useful with the amount of items you plan to play.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Muad'Dib wrote:My path for under-deeps is:
-1 turn Moria (if I have Gollum in my hands) or Goblin-gate
-2 turn The Under-gates or The Under-grottos
-3 turn The Gem-deeps or The Under-gates
-4 turn The Pukel-deeps or The Gem-deeps
-5 turn Dunharrow (play Shadowfax and call the council) or The Pukel-deeps
-eventually 6 turn Dunharrow
-If I have a time I can also go to Edoras and play Riders of Rohan (they can be influenced by Alatar or by my main team)
That path leaves you with only one shot to get Aiglos and the Dragon-Helm (both require an Under-Deeps Shadow/Dark-Hold).  And that's rather early in the path.  Consider going from Goblin-Gate, Down to the Grottoes, to the Leas, the Iron-Deeps, then pop up to Carn Dum to nab the Angmarim faction.  That gives you some faction points and far more opportunities to get your big items.