deck whithout wizard!

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Talrun

deck whithout wizard!

Post by Talrun » Thu May 05, 2005 3:25 pm

it's possible to play hero deck whithout wizard ??

I try to play with

Saw futher and deeper
Playable only if your wizard is not revelead. Your général influence is increased by 5...

Await the advent of allies
playable on a character with mind of 6 or less. Character must stay at its current non haven site. Target character does not count against general influence and it marshalling point do not count. Discard the character when you play a ressource card at the site...

Stormcrow
The direct influence of each wizard is reduced by 2 (by 4 if DoN is in play)...

The idea is playing character at home site with "await the advent of allies", playing some faction at site. (of course the big factions.)

What do you think ???
Which hazard card against wizard and ringwaith in this deck ???
Which ressource card to help this deck ???

Thanks a lot !

We feel it's almost the sunday tournament !

Talrun

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu May 05, 2005 3:33 pm

Difficult deck to play. I've tried it a couple times and never been able to make it work. Good luck!

Talrun

Post by Talrun » Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 pm

thanks i try in tournament sunday and i hope i'm finished not last !

Talrun

|Highwayman|

Post by |Highwayman| » Fri May 06, 2005 1:47 am

hi
a wizardless hero deck is doable but as Zara said not easy to pull off

i've made such a deck and been complimented by some people for it, here are the tips:

go with Elrond and Vilya x3 - your greatest enemy is a bad draw and unlucky card draw order, so Elrond and Vilya can help you a lot recycle lost cards, and keep your deck constantly moving, besides when squatting in Rivendel he gives you additional card in hand which is also useful as you'll need to often hold on to some cards for a few turns

go only with the factions at free-holds, they are really safe if you guard yourself with Forewarned Is Forearmed, plus you can get an elf, dwarf and man faction this way and play Alliance of Free Peoples

secure your ally points, the best way is rohan and noble steeds i think (if you're keeping to free-holds only, otherwise noble hound also work - either way ditch the unique allies)

secure your item points - if you plan on not moving at all, then this is pretty hard if we still want to stick to free-holds only; go with Palantir of Minas Tirith, Red Book of Westmarch (minion version only - you can still play it and it's worth 1MP for you, and does not need storing for you to get it), Gold Ring that Sauron Fancies (minion item of course) - both the book and the ring are playable at Bag End, so you must forget about The Hobbits, Lobelia or Bill to get them - item MP's are hard to come by in this deck and allies and factions MP are easily acquired without using Bag End; and there's the Galadriel trick to use - start game with Star Glass as a minor item, wait for Galadriel to come to your hand and play her during org. phase when you don't have enough GI to control her - you'll manage to tap her for Phial of Galadriel and then she'll jump back to your hand at the end of org cuz of lack of GI

to speed things up a bit i like i start the game with one character at who's home site i have a faction playable in deck, the character's home site must be reachable from Rivendell - so when i draw that faction (or Await the Advent of Allies) i move the character to his home and play the faction or Advent on him and wait for the faction to come....

if we're sticking to Free-holds, Houses of Healing is a nice card but i couldn’t find enough place in my deck to put it in

about hazards - whatever is quick to get rid from hand - you won't be drawing much cards cuz you don't move, and if your opponent also doesn't move much then you have a problem with drawing anything so a quick-to-go hazard strategy is very helpful

normally i don't stick to the 30+30 cards minimum, but in this deck i think it's necessary, so go as low as you can

Talrun

Post by Talrun » Fri May 06, 2005 9:54 am

i think may a starter compagny why moving for allies and item, and some character coming into play at home site form faction !

Elrond with vilya it's a good idea ! + some elf, elladan, elrhoir or gimli and a elf stone.

For hazard deck, i think some nazgul, a little corruption, 12 creature, revealed to all watchers, ...

thanks a lot

talrun