Dancing Spire

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Fangorn

Dancing Spire

Post by Fangorn » Sat May 15, 2010 7:24 pm

If you play greater hoard items (I think more than 4 is not reasonable), use The Lonely Moutain, Caves of Ulund, Irerock and Gold Hill and don't use Dancing Spire.

Indeed, Daelomin at Home is in almost all decks.
So it would be suicide to go to Dancing Spire, unless you have the intention to play Legendary Hoard or to defeat her (it's a female dragon).

Due to metagame, Dancing Spire is thus a doomed site for normal use.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.

Konrad Klar

Post by Konrad Klar » Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Or play Daelomin Roused and feel as her guest.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 pm

On the contrary, go to Dancing Spire when your opponent has Daelomin at Home out and he'll often burn it rather than risking you getting 4 MPs -- unless you're minion, he can't be sure you won't put down an Old Thrush or Sacrifice of Form. :)

Marcos

Post by Marcos » Mon May 17, 2010 12:15 pm

Ben's scenario is most likely to happen, if i see my opponent moving to dancing spire when my Daelomin at home is in play, i rather add 2 hl than give opponent the chance to win 4 MPs...

Fangorn

Post by Fangorn » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 pm

Indeed, but I meant if Daelomin at Home is not in play.
If you go to Dancing Spire and are not prepared to face Daelomin at Home, opponent may play it on-guard for a disastrous site phase ...
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.

Marcos

Post by Marcos » Mon May 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Fangorn wrote:Indeed, but I meant if Daelomin at Home is not in play.
If you go to Dancing Spire and are not prepared to face Daelomin at Home, opponent may play it on-guard for a disastrous site phase ...
i remember a situation like that in a game with Mark Alfano, when i played unabated and tidings on Daelomin at home... Guess the results! &nbsp;:D

Konrad Klar

Post by Konrad Klar » Mon May 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Lidless Eye, Standard Rules, Playing and Drawing Cards, Placing A Card On-Guard wrote:The card will remain on that site until one of the following occurs:

&nbsp; &nbsp;* The company decides to face the site's automatic-attack. If the on-guard card is a hazard creature keyed to the company's site or a hazard that can modify the automatic-attack, it may be revealed before the automatic-attack is resolved. If it is a hazard creature, it will attack after the automatic-attack is resolved.
&nbsp; &nbsp;* The company plays a card that potentially taps the site. If the on-guard card is a non-creature hazard, it may be revealed if it is a hazard that directly affects the company or a character in the company (e.g., a hazard that forces all characters to make a corruption check).
&nbsp; &nbsp;* Otherwise, return the card to your hand at the end of the site phase.
Dragon At Home does not affect the automatic-attack. It only creates the new one.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Wed May 26, 2010 9:46 pm

I never go to Dancin spire, as the aa has 2 strikes.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D