About hunting them Nazguls

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Scactha

About hunting them Nazguls

Post by Scactha » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:03 am

I´m in the progress of creating a badbeard Alatar deck which uses The Hunt in the endgame. As almost everyone who owns the cards uses some RW hazards like Adunaphael and Uvatha it´ll be easy enough to Marvels Told or Voice of Malice them into the discard for a well directed Hunt. The problem is I can´t find a reliable enough way to lower the Body of the 'quarry'. Old Thrush don´t work, spells are illegal, Aiglos is the same as a turn wasted (you don´t just have to waste a cardspace in your hand but climb down and up too...) and Poison isn´t much to write home about.

Idéas?
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

eelcoe

Post by eelcoe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:31 am

You could consider the minor hoard items from the Dragons:
Arrows Shorn of Ebony and Scabbard of Chalcedony
Although I'm not shure if the Arrows work, since they can only be used against "a strike from a hazard creature attack not keyed to a site".

EDIT: Just found out that Poison does the same as the Arrows. Also, Bow of Alatar could be an option...

Greetings, Eelco

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:50 pm

Most such decks use The Great Hunt instead. &nbsp;Then you can use spells, and anyone in your company can take the strikes. &nbsp;Usually a FW Alatar will play a couple Wizard's Flame and will have Peath or some other nazgul killer with a weapon and perhaps Fram or someone with wormsbane to deal with dragons/drakes.

henrikbe

Post by henrikbe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:57 pm

If there is any way to make Edoras a ruin, you could play Helm of her Secrecy....
Henrik

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:08 pm

henrikbe wrote:If there is any way to make Edoras a ruin, you could play Helm of her Secrecy....
What does that have to do with Helm of Her Secrecy? &nbsp;Helm doesn't require a specific site type, does it?

henrikbe

Post by henrikbe » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:23 pm

Bandobras Took wrote:
henrikbe wrote:If there is any way to make Edoras a ruin, you could play Helm of her Secrecy....
What does that have to do with Helm of Her Secrecy? &nbsp;Helm doesn't require a specific site type, does it?
It would make Edoras one of Alatar's home sites, and thus make the helm playable.
Henrik

Scactha

Post by Scactha » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:43 pm

I´m with you Wacho but I prefer the simpler setup of The Hunt before The Great Hunt as it easier allows for a more normal resource strategy. I guess the most effective setup is to start with Poison and go after Uvatha as that´s at least 50/50 odds for a kill.
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:28 pm

You can use "Mount Slain" (regardless of the effect of body check)

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:10 pm

Though it would only be worth 1 MP for a fallen wizard, unfortunately....

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm responding to first post, 2 points for "normal" Alatar.

Looks like I missed "badbeard" in first post :)