A Chance Meeting

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:59 pm

Ummm...not sure about the ruling.  Lord Leuber said earlier in this thread that you couldn't play ACM until after you faced the auto-attack.  I didn't really look at anything further.  Is that correct or incorrect?

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:16 am

This is also a (not-so-small) question when one considers CvCC.  After all, if I as the defender can play anything that affects strike assignment -- and surely having another character around and untapped would affect strike assignment -- what is there to say I can't play A Chance Meeting or We Have Come to Kill or Helm of Her Secrecy when my opponent initiates CvCC?

I have no good answer.  Heck, I don't have an answer at all....

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:21 am

Zarathustra wrote:what is there to say I can't play A Chance Meeting or We Have Come to Kill or Helm of Her Secrecy when my opponent initiates CvCC?
Wow! 8) I'd love to play Helm of Her Secrecy when one of them sneaky ringwraiths comes over to CvCC me! :idea:
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Isildur

Post by Isildur » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:45 am

first of all, excuse me for bringing back such an old topic.
A chance Meeting wrote:A character (even a Hobbit) may be brought into play with direct influence at any Free-hold [F], Border-hold , or Ruins & Lairs [R].

Here is my question, since general influence is checked at the end of the organisation phase, do you think it is possible to bring a character without being able to control it with your general influence at the moment.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:44 am

Not using this card because it specifies direct influence.
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

TedPikul

Post by TedPikul » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:40 pm

If I already revealed my Wizard, can I play the new character only if my Wizard is at the same site? The Wizards Companion says:
After revealing your Wizard, you may use general influence to bring a character into play only if your Wizards is at the same site...

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:13 pm

TedPikul wrote:If I already revealed my Wizard, can I play the new character only if my Wizard is at the same site? The Wizards Companion says:
After revealing your Wizard, you may use general influence to bring a character into play only if your Wizards is at the same site...
ACM uses direct influence.  As stated above.  So it doesn't matter where your Wizard is.