Confused about Gates of Morning and Twilight

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

jorrit

Confused about Gates of Morning and Twilight

Post by jorrit » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:35 am

Hi all, I have a timing question.

At http://buonanno.org/MECCG/rules/meccgpl ... sjul04.pdf I found this statement:
Gates of Morning
Gates of Morning and Doors of Night discard and cancel environments upon resolution. Therefore, one does not
cancel the other in the same chain of effects.
• For example: Gates and Sun is on table. Doors is played by the hazard player and a second Gates by the
resource player. No matter when the resource player plays Gates he cannot prevent Doors from resolving
and discarding Sun. (Only Twilight can prevent this, because Twilight may be played on cards that have not
yet resolved.)
But I'm confused as to why this is. Gates of Morning says:
Environment. When Gates of Morning is played, all environment hazard cards in play are immediately discarded, and all hazard environment effects are canceled. Cannot be duplicated.
And Twilight says:
Environment. One environment card in play is immediately discarded. This card may also be played as a resource. This card may be played at any time during any player's turn.
So both cards say that when they are played one or more environment hazards cards in play are immeidatelly discarded. So why would Gates of Morning not work for avoiding the Sun to go away and Twilight would?

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space.

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

jorrit

Post by jorrit » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 am

Vastor Peredhil wrote:best ask here ;)

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/index.php
Hmm... Registration says my email address is already in use but it says it doesn't know the email address when I do 'forgot password'??? And I can find nobody to contact to rectify this situation.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space.

rezwits

Here is the CRF from Dutch Council

Post by rezwits » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 am

I guess from this ruling:

Twilight

Card Erratum: Add "This card may be played at any time during any player's turn."
Can target a card that has not yet resolved.
Can be played as a resource during your opponent's turn.

"Can target a card that has not yet resolved"

Laters..