tapped sites....

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Haldalam

tapped sites....

Post by Haldalam » Mon May 02, 2011 11:39 am

I think this one is self explanatory, but.... I just started playing again, so I forget...

When you get to finally tap a site and play your cards, etc... if you leave, you are not supposed to ba able to come back... the site is removed...

But:
1. if for some reason you draw a card after your turn, but before your campany leaves the site, can they play cards in the next turn to untap it?

2. If you do leave a tapped site, can you:
a. return to a tapped site and "untap" it using the correct card?
b. return to a tapped site to play a character, information, etc....

3. with a FW haven.... say Isengard... can your FW play the palantir there? and if they do, how does this affect the site as a haven and returning to it? OR, does the FW have to use a hero or minion site when they coem to play it? Since it is a FW haven.... and tapped, how doe sthis work?

hanksole

Re: tapped sites....

Post by hanksole » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Haldalam wrote: When you get to finally tap a site and play your cards, etc... if you leave, you are not supposed to ba able to come back... the site is removed...
The tapped site is discarded. Cards like "Dark Twist or News or Doom" are removed, but sites are discarded. When you exhaust your deck , all discarded sites became tapped to the location deck.

Haldalam wrote: But:
1. if for some reason you draw a card after your turn, but before your campany leaves the site, can they play cards in the next turn to untap it?

2. If you do leave a tapped site, can you:
a. return to a tapped site and "untap" it using the correct card?
b. return to a tapped site to play a character, information, etc....

3. with a FW haven.... say Isengard... can your FW play the palantir there? and if they do, how does this affect the site as a haven and returning to it? OR, does the FW have to use a hero or minion site when they coem to play it? Since it is a FW haven.... and tapped, how doe sthis work?
If youre still on the tapped site, you can try to tap the site (with Dwarven Ring hability, and some other resources).
Cant return to a tapped discarded site, because the site is not in your location deck, is on discard pile. Youve to wait until your exhaust your deck.

Haldalam wrote: 3. with a FW haven.... say Isengard... can your FW play the palantir there? and if they do, how does this affect the site as a haven and returning to it? OR, does the FW have to use a hero or minion site when they coem to play it? Since it is a FW haven.... and tapped, how doe sthis work?
You can play/use Palantirs in FW Heaven, but worth 0 Marshalling Points.
Remember you can have 1.000.000 heaven cards on your location deck, and when a heaven card is tapped dont dont go discard If you moves, it returns to your location deck.

Haldalam

Post by Haldalam » Mon May 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Ok, but what if I have the stage resource card that allows for the palantir to be worth full MP's?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue May 03, 2011 3:46 am

Palantír of Elostirion

Card Erratum: This item does not give MPs to a Fallen-Wizard regardless of other cards in play.

Palantír of Orthanc

Card Erratum: This item does not give MPs to a Fallen-Wizard regardless of other cards in play.
ICE issued these errata as part of early efforts to balance the FW alignment; their efforts were unfortunately cut short.  These rules are official, though -- no card can make those two Palantiri worth anything to a FW.

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Tue May 03, 2011 8:10 am

... unless, you play in the DC format where the rules where adjusted to balance it with all the new alignments

yours Vastor
@Haldalam, are you aware of the other forum?
http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/index.php

it is the more active of the two forums and most of the answers to your question can be found there

Haldalam

Post by Haldalam » Tue May 03, 2011 11:12 am

ahhh, well thank you very much.... I was NOT aware of the erratta...
Ok, so that makes sense then.... looks like i need to get a copy of it then.

Also, not aware of the other site and if I was at one time.... well, that was over 10 years ago since I really had the cards out.

Thanks a lot... I'll be checking it out today!