Crept Along Carefully Clarification please.

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Morgoth the Black

Crept Along Carefully Clarification please.

Post by Morgoth the Black » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:02 am

First, text of Crept Along Carefully:
Playable on a company during the organization phase. The company cannot use starter movement or move to an Under-deeps site. In addition, if they move with region movment, they are limited in all cases to 3 regions maximum and their hazard limit is reduced by one (to a minimum of two). Discard this card from play and make a roll to attempt to cancel an attack against them by an opponent's company. If the roll plus the number of rangers in the company is greater than 7, the attack is canceled. Discard when any play deck is exhausted or, if you choose, during your organization phase.
In a game I recently had with a friend I played a Crept Along Carefully on a company at Hermit's Hill.  The characters at Hermit's Hill when I played it were:

Dain II
Ioreth
Anborn

I had another company at Lorien containing Gandalf, Galadriel and Voteli also with a Crept Along Carefully.  I moved my company at Hermit's Hill to Lorien.  The next turn I proceeded to reorganize my companies to the following:

Gandalf with Dain Ioreth and Anborn as company one.
Galadriel and Voteli as company two.

I then proceeded to move my 4 character company to a different site to play a resource assuming that the 2 crept along carefully affected my 4 character company so that I had a hazard limit of 2.  My opponent argued against this saying the company I orginally played the Crept Along Carefullys on no longer existed as the company composition was different.  I argued that the requirement to play the card is not an ongoing effect and I could reorganize the distribution of the Crept Along Carefully by simply reorganizing my company at the Haven and thus the CAC are still ok to use.  I also thought my friend's interpretation would be strange as it would make hard to use cards such as Cup of Farewell effectively.  

If anyone could clarify how CAC and company reorganization exaclty works and if either one of us is right or if both of us are wrong,
that would be very much appreciated.

Also, one more very simple question, if Plague is played on a company and there are allies in the company, do I (the hazard player) get to make body checks against those allies as well?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 am

CRF, Organization Phase wrote:When a company splits up, its player chooses which characters are the original company and which characters are a new company, unless otherwise directed by a card. All resource permanent-events played on the original company stay with the original company.
Once you joined them as a company and then divided them, it was totally up to you where to put the permanent events -- so long as they all stayed on the same company that you designated "original."

The purposes of Plague are not the purposes of combat.  Allies are only considered characters for the purposes of combat.

Morgoth the Black

Post by Morgoth the Black » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 am

Thank you very much for the clarification.  I will pass the word on to my friend.