Sun's effect on man hazard creatures

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

dragonstout

Sun's effect on man hazard creatures

Post by dragonstout » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 pm

So I see that Sun's +1 to Men affects hazards too; so does that give an overall net of +0 to Man hazards (-1 from the first part of the card, +1 from the last part) or +1 (if the first part of the card is ignored)?

Fangorn

Post by Fangorn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Sun
Environment. The prowess of each Dunadan is modified by +1. Additionally, if Gates of Morning is in play, the prowess of each automatic-attack and hazard creature is modified by -1 and the prowess of each Man and Dunadan is modified by +1. Cannot be duplicated.
Last part of the card apply only to Man and Dunadan characters and doesn't apply at all to hazard, because it doesn't have the keyword attack (and it would have been weird thematically).
Thus all creatures have -1 prowess, whatever the type of creature.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.

dragonstout

Post by dragonstout » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks!  I could have SWORN I saw something somewhere that said that it was ruled that Man hazards were affected, but now I can't find it at all.

dragonstout

Post by dragonstout » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Ah, here it is:
http://www.trevorstone.org/metw/cards/Sun.html

"Clarification: The modification also applies to men hazard creatures like Ambusher."

So who is right?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 am

CRF, Movement/Hazard Phase, Attacks wrote:Cards only modify attacks if they say they specifically mention attacks.
You may take this as an official word. ;)

sarma72

Post by sarma72 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:11 pm

so basically the effects cancels out for Hazard men, as they get a -1 for being hazard creature and a +1 for being men. Right?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Not quite.
Environment. The prowess of each Dunadan is modified by +1. Additionally, if Gates of Morning is in play, the prowess of each automatic-attack and hazard creature is modified by -1 and the prowess of each Man and Dunadan is modified by +1. Cannot be duplicated.
The -1 will affect attacks created by hazard creatures, as indicated on the card.  The +1 will only apply to characters without specific mention of some form of attack (i.e. automatic attack, hazard creatures, etc.)