Card Memory

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Jose-san

Card Memory

Post by Jose-san » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:45 am

This happened in my last game:

I had two companies at sites A & B. Both moved to different sites A to C and B to D. First company at A moved to C, opponent played River then I played Leg it Double Quick to return to A (site C returns to deck). Company at B moved to D, then I played Leg it Double Quick to move to C.

Does the site C from the site deck "remember" the River that was played? Does the River affect the second company?

Btw, the question is purely academic since the second company got yet another River :(:(:(

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Yes.
Playable on a site. If a company that has moved to this site this turn does not tap a ranger, it must do nothing during its site phase.
Whether the site was returned to the location deck at any time is irrelevant; the effect of River on the site lasts until the end of the turn.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:20 am

Incidently, the first company is still affected by the River.  Even though it has moved on, it still moved to the rivered site and so has to tap a ranger to do anything during the site phase.

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 am

:O
I never tried to read it this way, sounds weird, but seems  technicaly correct

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Wacho wrote:Incidently, the first company is still affected by the River.  Even though it has moved on, it still moved to the rivered site and so has to tap a ranger to do anything during the site phase.
I found this in a CoE Digest:
4. I've a small problem with River text interpretation in multi-movement phases (like Carambor's or Balrog's ability). Text on River says that if opponent does not tap a ranger, his company may not do nothing in his site phase. So, if I play River in first MH phase and opponent does not tap a ranger, but uses special ability to have second MH phase and his company is moving to another site, does the River played in the first MH phase have an affect in opponent's site phase (altough the River was played to another site then is now used)?

*** Text of River: "Playable on a site. If a company that has moved to this site this turn does not tap a ranger, it must do nothing during its site phase."

Because the River is played on a site, it won't affect your opponent's company if they end up stopping at a site other than the one you played the River on.
My guess on the logic is that you're not officially at the site until the beginning of the site phase.