Strident Spawn + Wizard's Myrmidon

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Jose-san

Strident Spawn + Wizard's Myrmidon

Post by Jose-san » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi,

So I've got "Euog (Ulzog)" with "Wizard's Myrmidon" on him and "A Strident Spawn" in play. Do I need 2 or 3 influence points to control him?

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:47 pm

3. Wizards Myrmidon doenst go for mind, it just says the character requires 3 influence to control. That doenst alter the mind. Asternak with myrmidon requires 3 influence to control, but its mind is 5 for effects like Seized By Terror or influencing away. Same goes for cards that affect mind. They dont affect the GI the character uses.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Jose-san

Post by Jose-san » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Thanks, I understand what you say, but "A Strident Spawn" doesn't mentions "mind" either.

A Strident Spawn:
Unique. Playable if you are Pallando or Saruman and have 6 or more stage points and a protected Wizardhaven. Each of your Half-orcs requires one less point of influence to control. During your organization phase, you may take one Half- orc character from your discard pile to your hand. You may play Half-orc characters at your Wizardhavens, and even if your Fallen-wizard is not there. Cannot be duplicated by a given player.
It does not change the mind of the Half-Orcs, but has a effect similiar to "Wizard's Myrmidon". The question is do both effects stack?

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Quote the card text helps to find out!  :wink:
Im not a rules guy but I`d say the text of the cards are pretty obvious. Ringbearer is totally right in all he said but reading the card closely means to me Wizards Myrmidon (if a half-orc) needs 2 points of influence to control.

edit: nice trick btw. Didnt see anybody attend to this so far. A new Fallen Saruman expert is born!  :D

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:58 pm

I'm not 100% sure I need to double check, but I believe he would require 3 influence to control.

There was an odd ruling a ways back saying you could put FW <X> Friend card onto the wizard, but it would then force the wizard to take GI if I remember correctly. &nbsp;It was a while ago, I'll go look it up, not 100% sure like I said.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm

In all the games I've played as Fallen Saruman, everybody has agreed that it should be two.

Myrmidon sets the base number required to control, and Strident Spawn modifies this number.
Old Tuk wrote:edit: nice trick btw. Didnt see anybody attend to this so far. A new Fallen Saruman expert is born!
Nah, I knew about it years ago. ;)

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Bandobras Took wrote:Nah, I knew about it years ago. ;)
Sure. Unfortunately I couldnt follow that much of your games. ;)

Jose-san

Post by Jose-san » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:56 am

Bandobras Took wrote:In all the games I've played as Fallen Saruman, everybody has agreed that it should be two.

Myrmidon sets the base number required to control, and Strident Spawn modifies this number.
Thanks, that was my intepretation too.