MEWH questions...

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:46 am

Nameless thing wrote:5) Spirit ring cannot be played as a hero gold ring cannot be tested as spirit ring.
That's where it falls down.  Ringlore makes no distinction on whether the Gold Ring Item in question can normally be tested for a specific type of Ring Special Item.
Sage only, only playable at a site where "Information" is playable, and only if a character in his company has a Gold Ring. Play to test a Gold Ring. No roll (or draw) is used. The player may replace the Gold Ring with any ring from his hand (except for The One Ring). Playable only during site phase. Tap the sage and the site.
Any ring from your hand means exactly that.  There is no result as such for the ring test because no roll is made; therefore, the effect text of Ringlore kicks in.

Ringlore cannot target a Minion Gold Ring Item.
It can replace a Hero Gold Ring Item with any ring from his hand.  This is the current list of rings:
There are 7 types of rings: mind rings, gold rings, lesser rings, magic rings, Dwarven rings, spirit rings and the One Ring.
Ringlore as it is currently worded allows you to replace a gold ring with any of those items (including Mind Rings and Gold Rings, oddly enough).

I'll be the first to admit that this is odd, but that's how the card reads.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 pm

I think you're right Ben.  I got confused with my earlier post.  Any means any and since you can replace a hero gold ring with a minion ring it sure seems like you can play a Spirit Ring with Ringlore.  Probably should have gotten an errata but....

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:01 am

is this final? :P

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:45 pm

karsten wrote:is this final? :P
Nothing is 'final' per say unless ruled on by the CoE.  But I'd say it's pretty safe, that any means any.