An Unexpected Outpost

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

TedPikul

An Unexpected Outpost

Post by TedPikul » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I need some clarification with this card, what if I have a deck with just 1 card? or even better 0 cards! (I just exhausted my deck but I'm still playing hazards). Can I use it?

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:58 am

1 card?  Yes
0 cards? No.  There is no time between exhausting a deck and recycling your discard pile.

TedPikul

Post by TedPikul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks. And what about this combination, I have 1 card left, play AUO, now I have 3 cards  in my deck and, assuming I have not reach my limit of drawing, can I still draw cards? Sounds somewhat illegal to me.

BeeBoy

Post by BeeBoy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:01 pm

You won't be able to play An Unexpected Outpost in the middle of drawing cards.  When a company moves, all cards are drawn at once, and then you may begin playing hazards.  Since all cards are drawn at once, you also can't use Smoke Rings or Longbottom Leaf in the middle of drawing cards, either.

If you want to draw the hazard you put into your deck with AUO to use against the same company you played the AUO against, I think the only way is Revealed to All Watchers.  I guess Long Dark Reach could be used to play it if it's a creature and your deck is a bit bigger still.  It's likely that I've forgotten a way, but that's all that comes to mind.