Some questions

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Ûvatha

Some questions

Post by Ûvatha » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:40 pm

Hello, I have a couple questions for you:

Does Bane of the Ithil Stone affect only my opponent(s), or does it affects me too if i'm playing with FW or Heroes ??

Can a Fallen Alatar play the Great Hunt, discard it and play it again the same turn ??

If my opponent plays Ecoes of the Song against me, can I discard Thrall of the Voice that I played in my starting company ??
Or for that matter if I discard Wizard's Trove when I have already strored the Sapling of the White Tree and played the White Tree, must I discard the Sapling of the White Tree or not ??

If my opponent plays Heart Grown Cold, does it turns my Wizardheaven into the minion version of the site or not??

Thanks in advance.

Ûvatha
Last edited by Ûvatha on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Troilo on G.A.B. White Mithril Team.

Ûvatha

Post by Ûvatha » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:55 pm

And another one, do agents count as characters or hazards in a FW deck ??

Maybe only those with a mind greater then 5 ??

Thanks in advance.

Ûvatha

Bandobras Took

Re: Some questions

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Ûvatha wrote:Hello, I have a couple questions for you:

Does Bane of the Ithil Stone affect only my opponent(s), or does it affects me too if i'm playing with FW or Heroes ??
It affects every Hero/FW player.
Can a Fallen Alatar play the Great Hunt, discard it and play it again the same turn ??
Yes.
If my opponent plays Ecoes of the Song against me, can I discard Thrall of the Voice that I played in my starting company ??
Yes. FWs may have a character with more than 5 mind in play; but they may not play one without use of a special card.
Or for that matter if I discard Wizard's Trove when I have already strored the Sapling of the White Tree and played the White Tree, must I discard the Sapling of the White Tree or not ??
You may play The White Tree at one of your Wizardhavens if Sapling of the White Tree is stored there. Place Wizard's Trove with The White Tree which is worth full marshalling points. Your Wizardhaven becomes protected. Ignore the text of The White Tree.
If you discard Wizard's Trove after it has been placed with the White Tree, then the White Tree will no longer be worth full MPs and its text will no longer be ignored.  Your Wizardhaven will no longer be protected through the White Tree.  Though the text of The White Tree is not specific, I believe that the discarding of a stored Sapling only occurs upon play.
If my opponent plays , does it turns my Wizardheaven into the minion version of the site or not??
We might need a card name before anwering the question.  In general, though, if you must replace a site card as a FW, you do it according to movement guidelines/resource hazard effects in play.

Ûvatha

Post by Ûvatha » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Sorry, the card that I meant was Heart Grown Cold. If i playChambers in the Royal Court on Edoras for example and my opponent plays Heart Grown Cold, do I have to use the minion version of Edoras ??

Thanks and sorry! :D

Ûvatha

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 pm

Ûvatha wrote:Sorry, the card that I meant was Heart Grown Cold. If i playChambers in the Royal Court on Edoras for example and my opponent plays Heart Grown Cold, do I have to use the minion version of Edoras ??
No.  Heart Grown Cold will not affect a site with Chambers because a site with Chambers is a Wizardhaven, not a :F:.
Fallen-wizard players must use minion site cards for hero Havens. If a Fallen-wizard has more than 4 stage points, his player must also use minion site cards for Free-holds.  If a Fallen-wizard has more than 7 stage points, his player must also use minion site cards for Border-holds.
CRF Agents wrote:Fallen-wizards use minion rules for agents, except where specified by the White Hand rules insert.
They count as characters for a FW player no matter what their mind.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:58 am

Mod Note:  Please limit threads to one topic.  This makes it much easier for other readers and for people looking for a specific topic.  Accordingly this thread has been locked.