hazard deck against hero/fallen/minions

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Talrun

hazard deck against hero/fallen/minions

Post by Talrun » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:08 am

Hi all

In tournament, can i take different hazard deck?  One each against different faction (hero, fallen, minion ?)  

Thanks

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am

Council of Lórien Tournament Policy: Formats:
General Opponent
You may play either any alignment you choose: hero, minion, or Fallen-wizard. You do not know the alignment of your opponent until he tells you at the start of the game. You may bring two decks of the same alignment to the tournament. One must be dedicated for play against minion opponents, and the other against hero opponents. Either deck may be used against a Fallen-wizard. You may have cards which are used in both decks, but each deck must contain the same cards for each game it is used in.
Note that you must use the same deck against all FW opponents.

|Highwayman|

Post by |Highwayman| » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:08 am

yeah, about that - we in Poland still use only 1 deck in our tournaments, but i was wondering about that 2 decks solution most of the world uses

who chooses his deck first? I mean when two people sit to play, who is the first one to say what alignment he'll be playing so that his opponent can pick the appropriate deck chosen to deal with that alignment

and that happens in such a situation:
Player 1: has a minion deck vs. hero and fallen, and a hero deck vs. minion
Player 2: has a minion deck vs. minion, and a hero deck vs. hero and fallen
?
what happens when those players meet each other during the event?

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am

A player may only have decks of the same alignment. So he/she will always be either hero, minion or fw. As a sidenote, the deck you will use against fw-players must be assigned prior to the start of the tournament.

|Highwayman|

Post by |Highwayman| » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:11 am

ok,

this clears things up

|Highwayman|

Post by |Highwayman| » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:55 am

one more question
miguel wrote:A player may only have decks of the same alignment. So he/she will always be either hero, minion or fw. As a sidenote, the deck you will use against fw-players must be assigned prior to the start of the tournament.
how do you understand 'alignment' here?
Can I, for example, have a Fallen Gandalf deck vs. hero and Fallen Radagast vs. minion and fallen or regular minion deck vs. minions and fallens and a balrog minion deck vs. heros?
Or do these decks have to be strictly the same alignment for example: Fallen Alatar vs hero/fallen and a diffrent Fallen Alatar vs minion?

and i assume that a deck that is vs. minion is both vs. regular minion and balrog minion

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:14 pm

|Highwayman| wrote: how do you understand 'alignment' here?
You may have two totally different decks, as long as both of them are hero/minion/fw.
|Highwayman| wrote: Can I, for example, have a Fallen Gandalf deck vs. hero and Fallen Radagast vs. minion and fallen
Yes.
|Highwayman| wrote:or regular minion deck vs. minions and fallens and a balrog minion deck vs. heros?
Yes.
|Highwayman| wrote:Or do these decks have to be strictly the same alignment for example: Fallen Alatar vs hero/fallen and a diffrent Fallen Alatar vs minion?
There are only three alignments, avatars can vary.
|Highwayman| wrote:and i assume that a deck that is vs. minion is both vs. regular minion and balrog minion
Correct. Balrog is included in the minion alignment, thus you have one deck to deal with all minion decks.