Strider's ability

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Wacho

Strider's ability

Post by Wacho » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:42 pm

Strider

Unique. Manifestation of Aragorn II. You may bring Aragorn II into play with Strider's company, removing Strider from the game and automatically transferring all cards on Strider to Aragorn II. +3 direct influence against the Rangers of the North faction. Tap Strider to search your discard pile for any one item, ally, or faction playable at his current site the site must be in Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, or The Shire.
Does the card you search for go to your hand, or does it have to be played right then?  The text doesn't really say.  In fact, the strictly the text doesn't allow you to do anything with the card you searched for.  You just have the ability to look through your discard pile  :wink:

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:50 pm

CoE Rulings Digest 14:
*** The card that Strider searches for does not have to be played immediately because it doesn't say so on the card as it does on Dwarven Rings. It goes to your hand for you to do what you will with it

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:52 pm

Given that you can always look in your discard pile, it must be for something different than just to have a look at it  :wink: !

I've always understood it as to get it to my hand (I usually play it inmediately though).

Strider

Post by Strider » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:05 am

All hail the CoE.  :D
"You can't stop the signal."