Hand size more than 8

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

melkor_morgoth75

Hand size more than 8

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 pm

Still me around,

if i have something (let's say Pallando for example) in play who allows me to keep more than 1 card in my hand, when i have to resize my hand do i have to reach the 8 number of cards or the size i'm able to reach (lets's say 9 in the example with Pallando)?

mm75

eelcoe

Post by eelcoe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:48 pm

CRF wrote:Effects which increase your hand size or allow you to hold one more card in your hand mean that you draw up to your new hand size or discard down to it at the appropriate points during the game.
It just means that your hand size is changed.

Eelco

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:59 pm

That is what i wanted to know ;-)

Thanks,

mm75

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 am

N.B. 1: Though the CRF quote above isn't overly clear on that, going to the new hand size is mandatory, not an option. I.e. while your handsize is 9, you will allways draw up / discard down to 9. You can't opt to go to 8 instead every now and then to further manipulate cardflow.

N.B. 2: When starting with Elrond at Rivendell or a minion Lt. at the matching darkhaven, the rules state that you still draw 8 cards when the game starts. The first time you go (back) to handsize is (normally) at the end of the very first M/H phase of the game.

N.B. 3: Favor of the Valar tells you to draw exactly 8 cards, not your handsize.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Strider

Post by Strider » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:52 am

Gwaihir wrote: N.B. 2: When starting with Elrond at Rivendell or a minion Lt. at the matching darkhaven, the rules state that you still draw 8 cards when the game starts. The first time you go (back) to handsize is (normally) at the end of the very first M/H phase of the game.
How interesting; thanks for the info.  :D
"You can't stop the signal."

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:17 am

Gwaihir wrote:N.B. 1: Though the CRF quote above isn't overly clear on that, going to the new hand size is mandatory, not an option. I.e. while your handsize is 9, you will allways draw up / discard down to 9. You can't opt to go to 8 instead every now and then to further manipulate cardflow.

N.B. 2: When starting with Elrond at Rivendell or a minion Lt. at the matching darkhaven, the rules state that you still draw 8 cards when the game starts. The first time you go (back) to handsize is (normally) at the end of the very first M/H phase of the game.

N.B. 3: Favor of the Valar tells you to draw exactly 8 cards, not your handsize.
Thanks Wim, that covers everything  :D

mm75