Different hazard and sideboards?

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Scactha

Different hazard and sideboards?

Post by Scactha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:55 am

I´ve noticed some decklists with alternative hazard and sideboards depending on the opposition. As I´ve been away from MECCG for 5 years I might just be forgetful (and didn´t find a sticky explaining it either) but is there any rules for adapting hazards and sideboard?

I only played when tournys were Starter style and MELE just had showed so I´m way lagged behind. Thanks for answer on this.
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:34 pm

This is tournaments rules http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/ ... uncil.html
You may have 2 different playdecks to a tournament. One tuned aginst a minion opponent and one aginst a hero oponent. If oponent are fallen wizard you can choose either AND you may have 10 extra SB cards especialy against a FW player.
You may not make changes in your deck´s during the tournament and may not make switch cards from a decks SB, character starting pool or playdeck.
Hazards have a 12 creature minimum, dragon at home/ahunt and creatures what also can be played as an event (ex. nazgul) count as 1/2 creature. And Agents if wizard or Balrog.
Some cards may not be used by a wizard player against a minion player.
Sideboard may consist of 30 cards hazard/resource and characters. No restrictions of how many of any type, you can have like 30 Hazards in SB. But you may not violate the non-uniqe 3 card limit combined SB/playdeck.

hopefully I have´nt forget anything to important
Are you going to the Lure btw?

Scactha

Post by Scactha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:46 pm

Sounds about what I wanted to know (and should really have been able to find out myself...). Thanks info.

About the Lure, still hoping. So far it´s gone pretty smooth finding cards from a game 5 years out of print  :)
Is this life? Toil - Caine, Lord Byron

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:35 pm

FYI You must choose 1 of the decks hero or minion to play against FW and you may NOT change it later during the tournament.  Once selected you are stuck with it.

You end up with

Hero/FW
Minion

or

Hero
Minion/FW

You can't flip flop.

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 pm

thanks Brian. It was ill formulated and lacked an important part. My bad  :oops:

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:49 pm

No problem, just didn't want anyone getting confused.  :)

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:52 pm

Sauron wrote:FYI You must choose 1 of the decks hero or minion to play against FW and you may NOT change it later during the tournament.  Once selected you are stuck with it.
Actually, this choosing is so often forgotten that if you do forget to mention it (and leave no clear indication like an anti-FW sideboard either), the tournament coordinator may well assume that you mean to use your vs. hero deck vs. fallen-wizards as well and refuse you to do otherwise later on.
     -- just my 2 cents of caution ;)
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.