Color me Blind [White Hand GI symbol on FWs]

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

LightHeartedFriend

Color me Blind [White Hand GI symbol on FWs]

Post by LightHeartedFriend » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:52 pm

Hello all!  Glad to see the community is so active for a game that has been out of print for so long.  I recently got my hand on a box of challenge decks, lidless eye starters, and white hand boosters (had some MEtW cards from long ago).

The whole fallen wizard thing seems really cool to me, with a lot of themes for each of the wizards.  But...I have NO idea what the white hand is on each of the fallen wizards.  It is right above the direct influence black hand, and it has a pretty high number (around 15-22).  I must have read that rules insert 10 times and I cannot find any mention of it.

Did it get introduced in another set?  What is the value for?  My only guess is that it changes your general influnence...but in what way? (if at all of course).  Thanks a lot,
Jack

P.S. I have also recently gotten the gatling engine, which seems to handle playing MEccg pretty well.  Look me up for a game!

Peter

Post by Peter » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:03 pm

The white hand icon means GI (your entire GI), Fallen-wizards don't have a standard amount of it.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:09 pm

Fallen Wizards have 20 General Influence, until their Wizard comes into play then it changes to whatever value is in the white hand.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Re: Color me Blind

Post by Gwaihir » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:36 pm

LightHeartedFriend wrote:Did it get introduced in another set?
Nope, it is from White Hand, but was somehow overlooked when writing the manual booklet.
P.S. I have also recently gotten the gatling engine, which seems to handle playing MEccg pretty well.  Look me up for a game!
You might want to install GCCG-METW as well. I won't argue whether it's a better program or not, but it simply has the METW player base these days.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

LightHeartedFriend

Post by LightHeartedFriend » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks for the replies!  I will look into GCCG as well.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:12 am

:gi: is the symbol, btw.

Haldalam

Post by Haldalam » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Ok, I was led to believe that the white hand value was the FW's influence spendable on good aligned characters and the black was what they could use to influence minion characters....

A FW, once revealed has a higher general influence because of his influence restrictions.... 5 mind or less.

Look at the values... I believe Radaghast has a very high good value... I think it is 22 and NO black hand (minion) influence as he went all nature boy.... but that is why they introduced so many low value hero allies too.

This is how we have always played it. White hand: points for good characters or potential addition to good factions if unused, black hand: influence for minion characters and minion factions....

I would love to discuss this further.... and or learn what is right. FW's already have enough restrictions on them and their only real bonus, aside form stage resources is ability to mix and match hero and minion resources....

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:56 pm

The black hand has always, in every set of the game, represented a character's Direct Influence.  See also the CRF, Fallen Wizards, wherein ICE stated that the white hand on a FW's card represents their GI once revealed.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Haldalam wrote:their only real bonus, aside form stage resources is ability to mix and match hero and minion resources....
And the ability to play most of their MPs at havens, and to even get those MPs from the discard pile.

Haldalam

Post by Haldalam » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:47 pm

I was going to ask about that? SHoudl I do that elsewhere or is here ok?
If I have Isengard as my FWH, can I tap it to play items there? How does that work?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Any items that state they are playable at Isengard.  Keep in mind that the FW Haven cards as well as the FW haven-making cards (Hidden Haven, Mischief, Chambers) don't allow/remove the ability to play generic items.

In your above example, you could play either the hero or minion version of Palantir of Orthanc at Isengard.  All normal rules for playing an item apply; e.g. site phase, untapped site, etc.