MeCCG.net Home MeCCG.net
For a fresh (on-line) MeCCG presence

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What books were released for MECCG?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElricX  Patrick Gagné

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: What books were released for MECCG? Reply with quote

Hi what is the complete list of the books released for the game?

Thanks

P.S. And where I can get these books?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICE released the following books for MECCG :-

The Wizard's Companion
The Wizard's Casual Companion
The Wizard's Player's Guide

The Dragons Player's Guide

The Dark Minions Player's Guide

The Lidless Eye Companion
The Lidless Eye Player's Guide

A Long Expected Party
(this was the first in what was to be a series of sites and scenario books but sadly only this one was released)

One other book was published, but not by ICE :-

Mastering Middle Earth

As for finding these books now, I would suggest Wim or Arco's on-line stores and failing that Amazon. I have them all except for Mastering Middle Earth which I only found out about recently.
ElricX  Patrick Gagné

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the url of these online store?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How interesting...

Those are remarkable books, without a doubt. I have the Lidless Eye Companion, and it's a fun read.
ElricX  Patrick Gagné

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes these books are very interesting... I own The wizard player's guide and Lidless eye companion...and is very usefull!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also 2 MERP (Middle Earth Role Playing Game) 'Realm' books had MECCG cards and scenarios in them (you had to cut out the cards and they were only printed in Black & White IIRC)

Hands of the Healer
The Northern Wastes

There were also other books part done that ICE never published Sad

Against the Shadow Strategy Guide
The White Hand Strategy Guide
The Dragons Scenario book
Sauron Scenario book

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the AtS guide was completed as was the WH Guide, but the other two were still a 'work in progress' when ICE lost the licence.

How do I know?

I worked as a flavour text writer for White Hand and was working on Scenarios for the last book too ... and I have a photocopy of the draft Dragons book (which has the text but no card images)

Nigel
Baduila  John France

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And obviously you cannot share them with us because even tho the dwarf is dead he still has honour Laughing Laughing
The Dead Dwarf  Nigel Buckle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baduila wrote:
And obviously you cannot share them with us because even tho the dwarf is dead he still has honour Laughing Laughing

Copyright is copyright. I don't hold the copyright for either the unpublished works I have 'draft' copies of (Dragons and 'Sauron' - I don't think ICE had settled on a final title), so no I 'm not prepared to scan them, PDF them or otherwise distribute. If you visit my home you can look at them in awe and wonder if you want Wink

However I have distributed my Siege of Minas Tirith scenario, which I was working on for the Sauron book - it's too complicated and too long - and would have needed extensive alteration before making print, but it works (if you can be bothered to try). Basically the Gondor player uses part of his deck as the 'wall' and the Sauron player tries to breach the wall to win - each player adds leaders/troops from his deck and decides which bit of the wall to defend. This scenario was available from the now dead Council of Bree site and also on the Morgul Rats' site (and probably copied elsewhere too).

Why can I distribute this scenario? Because it's mine, I hold the copyright - because I got ICE to release it back to me when they cancelled the project and decided they didn't want/couldn't use my scenario.

Nigel
ElricX  Patrick Gagné

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know this books: Middle Earth ccg MAPS ??? It is a great book? It is usefull?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is two coulour maps of middle earth with a legend showing what items are playable where. AFAIK it doesnt include sites from MELE onwards, but does look good.

More useful maps are available freely on the internet for actually playing with.  Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,

ICE printed a little set of MECCG Maps - one bigger 'poster' size map and another smaller map 3 ring punched so it would fit in a binder. One of the maps had site icons on it - I think, it's been a while since I looked at them.

ICE also used to distribute (for free) glossy colour maps for players to use at official tournaments ...

Nigel
ElricX  Patrick Gagné

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the infos!
Founder, dev. lead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to All about the Cards, the board on product details.
alfon82  Alfonso MH Canterla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would there be any way of getting a pdf of those books mentioned before:

against the shadow strategy guide
the white hand strategy guide

I know they said they hadnt been released, but maybe someone from ICE somehow published it in the internet or something like that?? Id be happy even if it was only the text...

Where is it possible to get Mastering Middle Earth?? I had never heard about it. Is it a good book? Or crappy (IMOH) as the one of casual companion??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 strategy guides - doubt it - ICE would have had those, but they lost the licence and Tolkien Estates took/destroyed everything Middle Earth related (IIRC).

There are unofficial player written guides around (I've written one for AtS and the WH). Mine are buried in the Guild Companion archives (www.guildcompanion.com)

Mastering Middle Earth - best to search the internet, either ebay or an on-line (2nd hand?) book seller. Book is okay, it only covers cards upto Dark Minions (and the dark Minion strategy coverage isn't totally comprehensive IMHO). Part of the book is a waste of paper - as it's a spoiler list for ME:TW, ME:TD, ME:DM which you can get elsewhere - but the deck lists are okay and strategy discussion still relevant.

Some of the deck lists are now illegal as they are 25/25 (rather than 30/30) hazard/resources and 2 wizards. Because it was written when that was the tournament legal deck construction rules.

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MeCCG.net Forum Index -> All About the Cards All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: