MeCCG.net Home MeCCG.net
For a fresh (on-line) MeCCG presence

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorting threads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dead Dwarf  Nigel Buckle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Sorting threads Reply with quote

Is there anyway to list the topics so that locked topics appear at the bottom of the list (no matter what the dates on the topics are)?

With a popular group you get lots of threads and if they're not locked in a FIFO manner you end up trawling through dead threads to find the new stuff. Or maybe a way to move locked threads to an 'archive' or something to keep the current topics at the top of the list and easy to see.

With a quiet group it isn't an issue, but the netrep group for example is now getting rather crowded.

Regards

Nigel
Gwaihir  Wim Heemskerk
Founder, dev. lead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't one build in. I'd already looked for that. With most 'normal forums' for which people wrote this board it is not so common to lock threads, you see.

I'll have a look in November (= after the three large upcoming fairs) if I can do some 'quik & dirty hacking' to this effect. I try to avoid spending much time on changes to these intermediate boards as much as possible though, as it keeps me from the 'real tasks'

[I.e. we will probably be using these boards for a good while longer, but as a permanent structure I want something built (coded) quite different. So I rather not do to much work on this boards code as I know I'll throw it away later.]

The Dead Dwarf  Nigel Buckle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternatively we could restart the netrep group every year with a different name, so the previous year(s) is archived.

Say year 1 (now) netrep
year 2 (next) netrep2004

etc.

Easier than hacking around with code - or worse??

Nigel
Gwaihir  Wim Heemskerk
Founder, dev. lead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier, definately, but not helping mid-year of course. Per year wouldn't even be needed, could simply make a 'NetRep archive' board and move everything old over there (probably by moving everything over first and then putting all current material back). However, I think this whole board will be replaced (keeping archives of course) with an incarnation we can fully adapt to our wishes before the NetRep board is much more than a year old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MeCCG.net Forum Index -> Idea submission All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: